• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

93GT

tarafied1

Well I can't recall if I shared this or not, I have a 93GT. It's not pretty, it is my drag car though. After trying to build a classic drag car I always ended up having way too much bodywork and never got one far enough along before someone tempted me to sell it. So I got this sad and ugly thing!
It has Strange 8.8 31 spline rear with a spool and 5.14 gears. C-clip eliminators. longer studs. Adjustable Drag shocks on all four corners. Aftermarket upper and lower control arms. Welded-in sub-frame connectors. Was a T5 but is now is a Art Carr C4 with reverse pattern manual shift valve body with a trans brake. 4,000 stall converter. Anti-sway bars removed. Inner bumpers removed. Rear seat removed. Still need to pull dash and remove all the HVAC stuff. AC under the hood is all removed. Has a Cobra top end on a stock short block and a mild cam and roller rockers. I have some long tube headers I haven't installed yet. The TB and injectors are larger, I can't recall at the moment what they are. I bought some donut spares for the front, very light. Need to get some front runner tires. I do have slicks on the rear. I haven't made a pass yet but this summer I will be doing a bunch of test and tune to see if I need different gears or whatever. I don't expect it to be really fast but I am hoping it will be consistent so I can get into the local bracket racing. Anyway, this is the closest I have had an actual drag car. My wife and the race track won't let me race the 67 anymore (needs a cage with the 502).

Attachments

• 44086304_10213002238356250_629910413416333312_n.jpg
    44086304_10213002238356250_629910413416333312_n.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 44031574_10213002238676258_9063435267297247232_n.jpg
    44031574_10213002238676258_9063435267297247232_n.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 16
Nice. I was wondering if that dream was still alive. Was hoping you might sneak me in a teaser pic of the 69 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, the 69 is still the same as last time, I do have a few more parts for it though. Keep picking up stuff. Also Larry sent me a couple boxes of parts when he moved to Florida and cleaned out his garage.

lol, the 69 is still the same as last time, I do have a few more parts for it though. Keep picking up stuff. Also Larry sent me a couple boxes of parts when he moved to Florida and cleaned out his garage.

Keep collecting :) If I can ever clear out a few projects I’ll be coming to get it. I miss having a mustang in the garage. Everyone that ever looks in my garage wonders why I have all this ford and mustang stuff everywhere with a Chevy truck and boat sitting in it...

Sure is nice to see you two guys posting again. And yes, Bill, you need a mustang in that garage. Thought that was the whole point in building it in the first place.

Cool you've got a real race track toy too, Craig. Perfect attitude about how fast she'll be. Chasing crazy times can be frustrating and costly. Having a quick and consistent bracket car can be equally rewarding but allows you to get right to the track and having fun. Consistent doesn't have to cost anywhere near fast.

Thanks
I am excited about it. It’s a car I will trailer to the track so if it breaks no big deal. If I cram it in a wall it’s also not like destroying my 67.
It might be the only Ford powered foxbody at the drag strip too so that will be fun.

I’ve need cleaning it up. It was pretty redneck when I got but it was cheap and no rust or wrecked.
It will be a Street/strip type car but I am not going to street drive it.
22261ca87ee292f3d7e5a81aa5737bff.jpg

Still has the 4 lug axles and rotors .
yes, I have SVO rotors with 5 lug but no wheels for drag racing fit those. I need to go to 94/95 Mustang spindles. I also have a Currie 9" housing that I traded BobV for that has 5 lug axles. No center section or brakes. If I break the 8.8 I will build the 9" and swap it in. Likewise if I fine a good deal on 94/95 spindles I will swap but for now I found two 93 Cobra/Convertible aluminum donut spare wheels for the front. Very light weight and they are 15" and skinny so I can get some front runner tires to replace the dry rotted spare tire on there now. The 8.8 I got used and it is all Strange parts, looks pretty good so I don't anticipate breaking it with a mild 5.0

Back