• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2023 Chicago auto show

RapidRabbit

Donator
We drove down to Chicago today to check out the auto show.

Here's a few pictures of the 2024 Mustang and some other random pics.

They had the dark horse model and a few GTs.
e9bef7f9e7f8f466601ded8166cd1b07.jpg
fe964ce668886eea1dc9561900393549.jpg
29f06a947b7adc4e1e4e7ec1d45125b5.jpg
28fd202fb7bb3babb7ec31634a9be851.jpg
52715591433e7bbf4fdd5c61e7b5b202.jpg
63a93e85d7fdf0c0351fa3068f6e8238.jpg
462c9957854259f83e4567d25a84bc22.jpg
522278bd1ecfd42b09464b7dbe5180e1.jpg
ac966335495fb91a53b6fcb9bac3a1d6.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Nice show. Love the Jeep booth.

Not a fan of the S650. Interior is too square. I hot that car looks better in person.

Mel

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Mixed feelings. Maybe I am getting old and getting less excited when seeing new cars. I have seen too much new cars. Less character and more gadgets.
Although I like the styling of the 2024 mustang yet have to see it in person.
And those supercars......not interested at all. Too much money for what you get at the end.

New cars are all about creature comforts and tech. Almost all of the styling is homogenous across all brands. While great for commuting or taking a leisurely cruise across the country, it does absolutely nothing for a real fan of automotive design and actual DRIVING. The poor mustang went the way of generic body styling scarily similar to a freakin' Camry a long time ago. Its now gotten near as ugly as the Camaro.

I really didn't care for the new mustang. It looks to generic. Almost like a Dodge with there front end styling.

I feel like the mustang design was done with the goal of adding a four door sedan so that it will all eventually blend together. Very bland.

The Jeep both is always my favorite. We did the test track drive in a 392 wrangler. I'd take a new jeep over the new mustang.

I like the show car Buick Wildcat. A design that will never reach the public.

I remember going to that show every year during the 60s and into the 70s. We would come home with every brochure in two bags. Then get home an look through all of them. Walking around the show with your heavy winter coat because it was 10 degrees outside and inside about 90. The public back then would destroy a car by stealing knobs and such. In 70 I saw that the side billboard sticker on a 'Cuda was ripped halfway off. Back then most thought it was just a sticker on a regular car. Now its a classic.

I like the show car Buick Wildcat. A design that will never reach the public.

I remember going to that show every year during the 60s and into the 70s. We would come home with every brochure in two bags. Then get home an look through all of them. Walking around the show with your heavy winter coat because it was 10 degrees outside and inside about 90. The public back then would destroy a car by stealing knobs and such. In 70 I saw that the side billboard sticker on a 'Cuda was ripped halfway off. Back then most thought it was just a sticker on a regular car. Now its a classic.
I go down for the show about every 5 years or so. Usually on a weekday. It really depends if there are any new models or concepts I want to see. I went when they had the 05 mustang, the 97 TJ wrangler redesign, etc . Otherwise it's just new cars I can see without crowds at dealer lots.

It is frustrating watching people and their kids being so disrespectful to the the vehicles and others. Even my daughter was commenting on how rude people were.

Back in the day they would have celebrities show up. Saw Jean Claude Killy at the Camaro display (French Alpine skier) and met Mario Andretti.

Back in the day they would have celebrities show up. Saw Jean Claude Killy at the Camaro display (French Alpine skier) and met Mario Andretti.
I was surprised how many brands aren't even there anymore.

Big car shows cost. Manufacturers really pick the main ones to go to. Chicago used to be a big one...now I think Detroit and Paris.

Big car shows cost. Manufacturers really pick the main ones to go to. Chicago used to be a big one...now I think Detroit and Paris.
Yup, you got that right. Chicago is going to just be dealers selling cars soon just like the Milwaukee auto show.

I was hoping volvo would be there with there new EX90. Kinda intrigued to see that. And polestar has a new convertible I'd love to see in person.

I love my Volvos.

CAFE standards and even some of the safety regs really killed car design. The ever increasing demand to significantly increase a manufacturer line's MPG averages prevents designers from doing much. There is a reason every sedan and coupe all have the same front end and profile and its not because it looks so damn good. Sheetmetal on cars today is similar to a Coke can. Go through a carwash with decent blowers on the drying end and watch all the panels flex and move under the stress of the forced air. The hood on my kid's Trailblazer looks the like the surface of the ocean in the movie The Perfect Storm going through one. Kudos to the paint tech that allows that much flex without cracking or popping off!

Back