• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2010 Nationals Asheville NC Biltmore Mansion

Jonk67

This may seem a little early but the hotels are filling up fast, Asheville NC Sept. 3-5, 2010 Labor Day weekend. Registration should open up this month I believe.

Looks like it's going to be a big show, so if you plan to go get your reservations now. My wife was sold as soon as they said it was at the Biltmore Mansion, easy sell to wife in other words win/win. They are issueing special tickets with the show, so far it's $30 for a 3 day pass to the Biltmore, gardens, winery, etc., they're normally ~$55/day, you get 3 days for $30!

Blue Ridge Mustang Club is the official sponsor. As I understand it now the cars will stay parked all weekend and there will be shuttles from the hotels taking you to/from the show, tours, into town for some nightlife, etc. no need to move your car basically. There will be 24hour security watching the cars and they will be on Biltmore property which is locked down tight at night from what I've heard.

http://brmcoa.org/brmcoa/Mustangs_At_The_Mansion.html

I hope to take the wife's '09 Warriors in Pink and my '67 Coupe Trans Am knock off hopefully painted and 'finished' by then, this gives me a good target to shoot for.
Maybe when it gets closer we can start a sign up thread so some forum people can meet up at the show/nightlife.
Jon

Yes, the Doubletree host hotel sold out about 10 days ago, but there are three others nearby and more further away. The show should be able to accomodate about 400 cars and I'm willing to bet every spot will be spoken for. This will be a "can't miss" show.

Keep us posted on the info/registration. This is only about an hour west of me so I definitely plan on making this one.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the itinerary. It would be cool to have a little cookout here at the house if the schedule allows it/depending on people's arrangements. I don't know what the days are gonna entail but I highly recommend a cruise on the parkway (Blue Ridge Parkway). A group run through the Tail of the Dragon might be kinda cool. A couple hour drive from Biltmore IIRC but the parkway comes right through Asheville and heads up to Boone. Absolutely gorgeous drive.

Laurie, is there a way to be notified via email when registration opens?
Will there be different types of judging? like a smaller concours section of 200 cars and a larger popular vote type judging?
I booked my room at the DoubleTree the day it opened up so I'm good to go there!
I'd like to run the Dragon and the Parkway while I'm there.
Thanks, Jon

It will be a regular MCA National following the current guidelines. So, there will be judged classes, display only classes, and, I believe, a participant's choice class (not sure on that, depends on the entries). There's no way to be notified, just follow the link to the host club's website and all the show info will be there. You don't have to be an MCA member to access the Events page.

I'll be flying in to help judge and work the show. Been working with Joe Grace for almost three years now on the planning of this show and I'm expecting great things.

Bump

Anybody else gonna be there? I didn't register but will definitely be there on Saturday. Possibly Friday night.

As posted I'll be there with the family -wife/daughter & friend, parents are coming up and my sister is riding her new bike down the Blue Ridge Pkwy from NY to meet us. Unfortunately I missed my target for having the '67 running in time but will bring the wife's '09. I didn't get a spot in the judged field as it filled up before I found out it opened, which is fine. I hope to park in the nonjudged Mustang parking area though.

You can't miss the wife's car if you see it, black with pink racing stripes Warriors In Pink Edition with a glass roof, stop by and say hi if you see us (Jon & Sandy), pic of her car below. Hopefully there will be a park and hang out type of area like there was at the 45th in Birmingham. I'm sure we'll spend a lot of time at the Biltmore, gardens, in Asheville, etc., staying in the DoubleTree, if anyone else is or wants to meet for a beer PM me and we can trade cells.

The day she got it and finally had a full head of hair again, she was ready to drive. Turned out to be the perfect car for a Survivor, she gets recognized all over town now:

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

Jon

"blue65coupe" said:
Keep us posted on the info/registration. This is only about an hour west of me so I definitely plan on making this one.

wont make the show this year (oldest turns 21 & mama ain't missing it) but have a good friend in black mtn. next time i'm over there, we'll have to hook up!

Let me know.

Jon, are they gonna have "open parking" for Mustangs not in the event? The only thing I can find is parking a couple miles away where you have to get shuttled in. My plan is to drive the '65 unless it's still blistering hot. I'll bring the '90 in that case. We'll (wife and I) will be making a decision on coming up Friday by the weekend.

Duane, their website wasn't very clear on nonjudged parking, at some point I found the registration for buying the discount tickets to the Biltmore and printed, can't seem to find it now. It was hard to find in the first place, I think it was a link in one of the forum posts I just happened to find. I think it was $40 for the nonjudged area?

I'm sure they'll have regular parking for the usual guests to the Biltmore that aren't coming for the show but it was hard to figure out what was put aside for nonjudged car parking as most of their updates and posts in their forum had to do only with judged cars registering, where to park trailers, etc.

I tried emailing to the link in the website, calling and even tried joining their forum all with no reply over months. My bellsouth.net email address was flagged as spam which suprised me when I tried to register for their forum to ask specific questions. I was really disappointed in the inability to get responses. Should be a big nice show, just hope my family enjoys it and I can break away for hours of mustangs.
Here's the link if you want to search, once the ~400 spots were filled they deleted the link to the registration which had a lot of info. on it.
http://brmcoa.org/brmcoa/home.html

Jon

Been on the page quite a bit. It looks like there is no cost to get on the grounds (not go in the House) but haven't seen anything about the $40 parking. I'll look into it more and maybe make a few calls. Looks like we'll be coming up Sat morning. If I find out anymore info I'll post it here.

Response from my email.

Hey Duane,

Thanks for the email. We plan on having off site parking for the car show and shuttling people in from that site. The location is still being worked on, but we hope to have that information on our website by next week. With so many people wanting to see the show, we felt best to offer off site parking.
The shuttles will run every 30min from 9am-4:00 pm with the last shuttle leaving the estate at 3:45pm. This will be for both Friday and Saturday.
Sunday, there will be no shuttles as the awards ceremony and other activities will mean that the cars are still there, but the owners are not so we thought it best to only offer the opportunity to see the show on Friday and Saturday. Hope this helps!

Joe

Thanks for the update, I'll be checking the website before we leave then. Glad you got a response, I email 2-3X with no reply and couldn't get access to join their forum.
Jon

I'm checked in at the DoubleTree if anyone wants to meet up for a beer. Respond here and PM me for cell phone #.
Jon

Jon,
Hate I didn't get a number from you. We were up there for a few hours and headed back. We spent 3 hours driving, probably 3 hours waiting on shuttles, and 2 hours looking at cars. Have a good rest of the weekend and have a safe trip home.

"blue65coupe" said:
Jon,
Hate I didn't get a number from you. We were up there for a few hours and headed back. We spent 3 hours driving, probably 3 hours waiting on shuttles, and 2 hours looking at cars. Have a good rest of the weekend and have a safe trip home.

don't feel bad. i went to the big bike show in davenport iowa with one of my customers to pick up a bike. drove 9 1/2 hrs there, spent 4 hrs at the show/swap meet then 9 1/2 hr drive home....

Back