• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

When is to much actually to much?

I really like the look of the Russell Pro Classic fittings and fuel line and was thinking about making up a line to go from the fuel pump to the carb (including a new carb line). I went to summit and putt all the pieces I would need, all 7 items, in my shopping cart. I’m having a hard time actually ordering them as its damn near $200 in parts. I currently have one of those Holley chrome dual feed lines, a piece of rubber fuel line and two clamps, probably $30 in parts, total. Where do you draw the line? I have an old braided line that I used, but it’s the silver with the red and blue fittings, however I would still need a new line for the carb to use it.

This is the stuff I am referring to:

rus-632053_cp.jpg

rus-610033_w.jpg

When is too much actually too much?

When you're willing to settle for mediocrity.

Similarly, here's a couple photos of the fuel lines on my sons '68FB. The longer line runs from the FPR to the carb. The shorter line runs from the pump to the FPR. Those damn Summit fittings are NOT cheap, but nowhere else was a corner cut, so why start here?

100_0905.jpg

100_0906.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Although it can be hard to pay big bucks for small items, in the end when you look in the engine compartment all you'll see is the mediocre stuff, if you go that route.

Wow, those are reasonably priced.

Helpful hint, when ordering these small items from Summit, order every possible piece you'll need. If you're uncertain whether you'll need a 45* elbow or a 90* elbow.. order both!.... and then return any leftover items. Summit has an $11 S&H charge for all small orders. It hurts worse to order an additional $5 part and have to pay the $11 shipping... again and again.

Back