• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Way cool!

RustyRed

Just got word that the wife got the offer letter for the new job. Pretty nice timing since the payroll for accrued PTO had run out last Tuesday.

She had taken a cut in pay to work at the temporary place but the new offer is about $1k more per year than she was making at her job she had before going on the payroll of the staffing place.

So of course it is now time to move forward with doing something to my engine / engine bay, LOL!

Congrats to you and the mrs. :toot :toot Her for the job, you for the motor. Did you get the advertised block? What have you decided to do?

Haven't decided as yet but I think the advertised block probably isn't the best plan. He wanted $50 extra for a crank and no doubt it wasn't machined. He never answered the question about how much the block was decked and so on.

If I went that route there is a decent core out there for $75 that could be torn down and the block taken to the machine shop which wouldn't be a bad route to make sure I generally knew exactly the scoop on the machine work.

But running some prices, the local guy Herb that Dne' pointed out to me only wants about $1,200 for the deal assembled, with break in done and would be hard to be that price. He could find the block, bore it and assemble it.

Using the machined / ported GT-40's that I already have plus various bolt on "stuff" that I already have such as a Weiand stealth intake, Holley 4bbl, new dizzy, etc he thinks he can build a 302 that would be about 300 hp for that price.

Having it already assembled and ready to drop in and go would be sort of nice.

Congrats! that's got to be a load off of both your shoulders.

Thanks guys!

The funny thing is now I catch myself debating....what is the difference horsepower wise out a 331 verse a well built 302, LOL! If I recall correctly, the price difference wasn't "that much" but I would have to save up another couple of months. I want to say the price difference was about a grand give or take.

Honestly though, I am leaning towards the 302. Not certain my C4 can even handle that even though it is in good shape with no slip, etc. Had a buddy help me take it somewhat apart a few months back and the fluid looked good, the internals looked good so we replaced some seals on it and put it back together.

The question is does this addiction ever end? :rofl

Back