• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Very sweet tilt seat for my fastback

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I realize I shouldn't be splurging right now, especially with the state the economy is at, so I scaled back just a little in Shag's front seat. So now when I jump on the pedal.....

fancyseat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
three 2x4 pieces of wood, :hmm does that mean that even with your daughters heels, your still vertically challenged? :dumas

My original seat in Trouble was just a set of blocks, no chair. It's what I was sitting on when Chuck pushed me out of the trailer to run up the steep bank backwards to try and get enough speed to coast back down forwards into this garage. Didn't work. The steering came apart on top of the bank and I headed back full speed to the trailer. Had no brakes, either. Ah....fun times....

"70 StangMan" said:
I thought it was from a Zero. :toot :toot

You might be right. It does have that late 30s early 40s japanese industrial look about it.

"lethal289" said:
three 2x4 pieces of wood, :hmm does that mean that even with your daughters heels, your still vertically challenged? :dumas

Not as challenged as someone who cant tell the difference between a 2x4 vs 2x6.......

Lol Craig. My old boss told me a story about how he was sitting on a milk crate in a customer's Econoline because the seats were out. As he was backing out of the shop, he fell backwards off the milk crate as he hit a bump in the parking lot, the van went straight through the lot, through the wrought-iron fence, and into another customer's car parked on the street.

Made me feel better about running a customer's 'Yota pickup into the building after realizing it had no brakes.

when I brought my 67 home to my current house, I had a seat... but no brakes. My driveway is on a pretty good angle and with the trailer and ramps it was very steep. I was using a "come-a-long" type winch to lower the car off the trailer (which was painfully slow). At one point I ran out of chain so I had to re-hook. My wife (bless her soul) was watching all of this and came to me and said "why don't we just stand behind the car and ease it off the trailer?" :yikes
I said that wouldn't work but she pointed to an old railroad tie laying at the end of the driveway and said that willl stop the car if we can't hold it. I reluctantly agreed to try this. We put my youngest son in the seat while the car was in park and went to the rear of the car. Mind you it was half way off the trailer already but at a steep angle. We yelled to my son to take it out of park. Quickly we realized we could not hold back 3000 lbs of brakeless Mustang :skull
We abandoned our posts, the car picked up speed and hit the RR tie with enough force to JUMP over the tie with my helpless son inside!
Fortunetly the headers caught the RR tie in the middle of the car and drug it into the yard sticking the car nicely before it rolled into the woods.
I just gave my wife the evil eye and she quietly took my son in the house and let me drag the car out of the yard with no more advise.

Back