• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix makeover

What is your first impression of the look I'm currently working on?

• Dig it

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sucks

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • OK I guess

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I could get used to it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sluggo

Ok Gang,

Look at the site BEFORE you vote :nice

I've been hacking away at a replacement database and new look for the board. Trying to streamline things a bit.

Some stuff is going away, like smfbuy and the auction function. They simply are not utilized and the scripts are kinda bulky.

There will be a new inline shout on the left and I'm still looking at chat options, worst case we keep the one we have.

Go in , look around. click some stuff, but please don't post anything or make any changes.

A couple items of interest. In the post box there is a couple new items, a text box where you can add a box within the post with text or picture in it and a facebook something or other. The new portal also has facebook, digg, etc support.

There is also ultimate profile, where you can expand you profile quite a bit. You can mess around with the settings in the profile area, but they will be reset when we move in.

I just want your immediate reaction for now. I'm still a little on the fence myself. It's a big change as far as the look goes.

To me, the color combination makes it hard on the eyes to read. Same size print as here but harder to read. The shout makes no difference as does the facebook stuff. Might try a new shout box but who knows. Looks ok but to me it is not a good color combination choice. I don't go on the Black Mustang Site due to the dark background also. Tends to make my eyes hurt.

"monkeystash" said:
Sluggo,

I like the layout, but don't care for the dark background.
Don't care for the dark background either.Too hard to see everything. IMO.

With the dark background the posts arve very difficult to read. personally like borders around the post. Just me

So....I'm getting the vibe that the layout is ok. I'm thinking change the yellows to grays/whites and lighten up maybe even invert the background.

Craig sent me an email that said he will only stay if the background is black.

Me on the other hand, hate that dark background. For those of us that are color challenged, the white background with black type works the best!

Will we still keep the items we've already purchased?

"silverblueBP" said:
Craig sent me an email that said he will only stay if the background is black.

Me on the other hand, hate that dark background. For those of us that are color challenged, the white background with black type works the best!

Will we still keep the items we've already purchased?

What Items?

are we gonna keep all the posts and credits? Or is all that shit going to just fall off? I mean, ive worked hard to buy those posts!

"lethal289" said:
are we gonna keep all the posts and credits? Or is all that shit going to just fall off? I mean, ive worked hard to buy those posts!

Poser

This thread is done. I am changing it. I removed the link.

Those of you that have the link.....stay out. I can't be working in there tripping over you :nice

Just for the record......I liked it ok but it did not feel like home.

This current setup is the generic install theme that everybody has and will no longer do.

Your post count will not change.

If you suck up to the boss and tell him his next new site is awesome he might float you some posts.

"Sluggo" said:
Your post count will not change.

If you tell him his next new site is awesome he might float you some posts.
Didnt i already do that? How about floating me some credits too!

Besides mark, last i checked its all withing the :rulez

Back