• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So dang quiet anymore around here

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
So what has everyone been working on lately?

I didn't get to spend nearly as much time as I would have liked in the garage this winter and when I did most of it was used cleaning up, sorting out and building that body cart thing-a ma-bob I posted about prior. Well, spring is trying to happen around here and that has me energized to do a bit more. So here is a teaser pic of my latest activity. How about everyone share a bit about what you might be working on.

scrap.jpg

It is a bit of a ghost town around here lately.

As far as projects go, I just sold my Jeep Cherokee that was my project car. So I'm on to my other project that's been sitting in the garage for 2 years. but it's not interesting to anyone around here. It's a Volvo.

It's a Volvo C70 coupe. It has a 5 cylinder turbo 240hp. It needs a new transmission then I'm deciding what direction I want to go with it. Thought it might be fun to make it a track car.

I've just always loved this body style. I had the convertible version quite a while ago and my current DD is the newer version of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220316_151830186_HDR~3.jpg
    IMG_20220316_151830186_HDR~3.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220316_151814162_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220316_151814162_HDR.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 2
Due to dealing with my father's failing health and ultimate passing a few weeks ago, my last year or so has not allowed for much time in the shop. I have finished the build up on the Bronco chassis and have moved to prepping the motor, trans and transfer case for install. I really need to update that thread as it is way behind. I suspect now I will have more time to concentrate on the build. Next step is to find someone local that can blast/dip the body so I can get it ready for paint.

Over the winter I turned this empty storage room in the basement
IMG_0834.jpeg

Into this magnificent theater room.

IMG_1381.jpeg

IMG_1375.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

And just this week sold the 30 yr old JD322 mower and replaced it with this.

IMG_1515.jpeg

Sure wish I could sell the two cars to pay for all of it o_O

That is pretty impressive Mark! Although with all of your househusband experience I would think you could make the vacuum lines a bit straighter for the pic!

Been focused on my truck and the house the last handful of months. Just started messing with my Bullitt again. Getting to the point where I can work on the 68 again too.

Been real busy once I recovered from back surgery: a wiring job every day for the past 2 weeks, vice 1.5 jobs/week normally. Plus, the wife is on her second consecutive knee replacement, so being a part-time nurse takes up most of my time.

Can't a guy take a nap without others complaining about it being too quiet???

Still aligning that front end to the 67 fastback body. And discovered a big failure with the straightening/repair bench I bought several years ago in Germany.
The studs/legs that supports the body weren't even at the back ???? WTF !! I assumed they were all good...but they weren't.
Even a traverse beam wasn't secured evenly L to R on that bench. That was the reason I took my of guard when taken measurements body to bench .

Been real busy once I recovered from back surgery: a wiring job every day for the past 2 weeks, vice 1.5 jobs/week normally. Plus, the wife is on her second consecutive knee replacement, so being a part-time nurse takes up most of my time.

Can't a guy take a nap without others complaining about it being too quiet???
Both knees? Was Laurie a paratrooper? I hope she's on the mend.

Back