• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SF Chronicle wants to do an article on the GTO

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Every Saturday the San Francisco Chronicle has a "your ride" article about locals who have vintage cars. I submitted a pic similar to my signature, saying that I can submit a write up for all 3, but got a call from one of the editors saying that they don't take multiple car stories and that we would have to agree on which of my cars would be the best candidate.

Truck-It's really a daily beater. Not fully restored and needs a paint job -thumbdown

Mustang-Editor said too many Mustangs locally and feels the readers might feel the same way. I told them that I obviously know this car inside and out but can't argue with how many of them there are.

GTO-He said that they rarely get a chance to shoot such a car and felt this is the perfect candidate. I told him I know the least of this car explaining the history with my brother. Nevertheless, he wants to do it. So I have 2 weeks to submit 700-750 word story on the car. They will send a photographer down to shoot the car and I in a month or so. Publication in about 2 months. I'll need to contact Tony the restorer and my brother's girlfriend for more history. ARGH !!

But.....my brother would be proud if we pulled this off.

Apr07coastal3red.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: SF Chronicle wants to do an article on GTO

Congratulations, I love your bothers GTO. He had good taste in cars.

And the tribute to your brother continues. Congrats.

So, it should be peaceful around here with you busy writing. lol

A word of advice: Leave the mankini off and home...

Pete,

It's the SanFrancisco Chronicle doing the article. I'm fairly certain that the mankini would not offend ANY of the readers.... It's probable that the article would be more of a success if Craig were to be modeling the mankini while he draped himself across the hood of the car.

Yuck for the rest of the country, but a big crowd pleaser in SanFrancisco....

Darn, I forgot about where it was. Guess I will have to skip the actual article and listen to what others have to say after reading it. lol

Wow First Fleet week and now this :dance I hear the title of article will be "Mankini man and his Goat"

Craig, that is great! Your Brother's GTO is amazing, and I'm sure he would be proud.

Very nice Craig. Sounds like a great way to tell the community about your brother and the Goat. Good Luck. Make sure we all get a link to the story!

Craig,
I'm still a newbie here at Stangfix so I can only guess what the deal is with the goat and your brother. If it is what I think, then it is great that you can tell the story. I look forward to read all about it.
Craig (the other one) aka "TARA"-fied

Since it will be raining this weekend, I'll be sitting down to start the rough draft. It will be difficult not to get emotional while creating this. I wish I knew more of my brother's good times with the goat. I need to make some calls today to those who know the car more than me.

Back