• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Scat Or Eagle 347?

bravenrace,
Just a thought, but they may leave the crank rough cut such that the machinist can grind whatever clearances desired... Charlie likes to run loose clearances so he always requests more grinding... of course he also likes to shim the bypass springs in HV oil pumps, enlarge oil holes and run 20W50... old school yes... but in 50+ years he has only blown one motor...

FWIW, I run a Scat crank in my 331 and have had no problems with it. I had a builder put it together with KB hypereutectic pistons and forged Scat rods w/floating wrist pins and cap screw rod bolts. They gave me no grief when it came time to balance the rotating assembly.

"buckeyedemon" said:
my shop refused to use an eagle crank. he complained they all needed machine work to get them right. the scat parts in general didn't need as much work to get them right. that's what he claimed anyways.

my scat rods still had to be resized though.

so you may consider the higher machining costs that could occur with the eagle kit.

My machinist has also commented on Eagle products usually needing work out of the box on a consistent basis.

Back