• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Radiator clamps

They do look nice and clean. Yes, how do you get them off? Another thing is what happens if one starts seeping when you are out. Cannot grab a wrench or screwdriver and tighten it until you can replace it.

I read they get tighter as they get hotter. I'm guess they are one time use, not sure how you would cut them and not ruin the rad hose though

They may just figure if they need to come off, you need to replace the hose anyway. Not planned for cars that get worked on the way we do ours.

"AzPete" said:
They do look nice and clean. Yes, how do you get them off? Another thing is what happens if one starts seeping when you are out. Cannot grab a wrench or screwdriver and tighten it until you can replace it.

Maybe as a precautionary measure go ahead and keep the old style in the trunk which could easily be placed over these as a backup

Couple pics of the clamps installed

2_10_02_09_5_37_03_0.JPG

2_10_02_09_5_37_05_3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mustang Mike" said:
Rick, those look great. I need you to run down to Lowes tomorrow and get some stainless bolts for the thermostat housing.

I was hopin no one would notice that. It was weird they are brand new. I went out in the garage one night and when I opened the garage door the fog just rolled in there and the car was covered with persipitation. I have about a dozen bolts that went from new to surface rust..... :doh

Back