• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Putting my other woman back together

Anyone got a link to cylinder head chamber specs? I don't know the casting# of my heads (will know tonight) but if someone can steer me to a page that has the info, I'll be able to get replacements ordered in the AM.

I also ordered valve cover spacers..... I also will need to get a pushrod tool / guage to get the pushrod length correct...

There are a lot of good sources for it out on the web. Much easier to search by your casting number(s) to find the most accurate info. When I was doing research I found 10x what i needed pretty easily. Harder to sort out what I didn't want than pin point what I was after in a search.

Ordered a set of Edelbrock performer heads (60329), Lunati roller rocker arms, head bushings and a pushrods measurement tool. Wrenching this coming weekend!

Have fun. I actually enjoyed that part of my engine build. Time consuming is the only downside. Did you get taller covers to accommodate the new rockers?

Ooooooo! Twice the cover gaskets to deal with...You must really like your current covers.

Actually, this could be a good thing now that I think about it. You can glue the first set to the head and and spacer to get a "perfect" seal and the second gasket being elevated should not have the normal propensity to leak since the puddled oil is beneath it's height. Right? Anyone gone down this path?

Got the heads on, in spite of 3 broken bolts. Cleaned up both exhaust gaskets (copper) and valve cover gasket (still one to do). All valve lash settings are done, and double checked. Lots to do but I'm driven!

Back