• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project POS '67 Coupe

It was one of the last items I removed from the shell. I had the engine/trans combo on the hoist and couldn't figure out what was hanging up..... oops, I forgot to disconnect the shifter linkage from the trans. After I had the engine/trans combo on the ground I went and removed the shifter. It's right on top of one of the plastic "totes" storing all of the removed parts and will be easy to find and verify condition.

Is the 6 cylinder engine C-4 bellhousing different than the V-8 C-4 bellhousing? From my memory, the C-4 trans bellhousing I removed saturday looks nothing like I remember it looking, but I've only dealt with V-8 C-4's in the past. The good news is that someone recently went through this C-4. All of the seals look relatively fresh and it has a nice coat of paint on it (as if it were recently rebuilt).

"70_Fastback" said:
But I thought pictures were worth 1,000 words....? :)
Thats just in your case, since none seem to exist during the early stages of your build, or i guess i should say the P.O.'s build, since you bought it after paint and all. :craz

Steve, I got one of those. I'll see if if I can find it and it's yours.

Dave, the 6 and V8 should be the same but the nice thing about a C4 is the bellhousing comes off so you can change it if it's not the same.
Thanks too for everything. I'll plan on driving over the week of Turkey day.

My recollection is that by 1967, there was no difference in C4's for the I6 and V8 applications.

Craig, if you're coming into NC via I-40 you won't be able to do it. There is a massive rock slide between mile marker 2 and 3. The bad thing is it's in an area where you can't just jump off interstate for a couple miles. At best it's a 30 minute detour through mountain roads that have a few 180* switchbacks. The distance is shorter than traveling I-40 but the time is more due to the backcountry roads. The interstate options add 2 hours (I-81, I-26) to your trip. Let me know if you need some alternate directions.

Craig (2), how far are you from Nashville? I may find myself in that neck of the woods the weekend before Thanksgiving, I seem to recall a center section you had your eye on...

"blue65coupe" said:
Craig, if you're coming into NC via I-40 you won't be able to do it. There is a massive rock slide between mile marker 2 and 3. The bad thing is it's in an area where you can't just jump off interstate for a couple miles. At best it's a 30 minute detour through mountain roads that have a few 180* switchbacks. The distance is shorter than traveling I-40 but the time is more due to the backcountry roads. The interstate options add 2 hours (I-81, I-26) to your trip. Let me know if you need some alternate directions.
I had seen that on the news, forgot all about it! Thanks for the reminder, any directions will be appreciated!

Rick,
I'm an hour North of Nashville but I could meet you in Nashville. Let me know. I'm still interested. What ya want for it?

"blue65coupe" said:
Thanks Duane, got it!

Steve,
You want this one, looks about the same as Dave's...
72_10_11_09_1_21_59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they all get cracks along the back?

Thanks, Craig, but I'll probably just sit on what I have and buy a new one one of these days. I appreciate you digging it out!

Steve

Dave, Duane, Joe,
It's almost road trip time! Dave, I plan to leave my house early Monday. Would you prefer I come load up Monday night or Tuesday morning? Also, Is there a hotel you recomend close by? I have a lot of points with Hilton brand so if there is one of those I might stay free! Duane, I understand you have a rear axle for Joe, would it be better for me to stop on my out Monday or on my way back Tuesday? Joe, I think I'll see you on Thursday this week... Oh and Rick, you still coming to Nashville (Murfreesburo)? I got something for you!!!

"tarafied1" said:
Oh and Rick, you still coming to Nashville (Murfreesburo)? I got something for you!!!

Yes, I should be there Sat evening through Monday morning. We need to coordinate a time and place to meet up.

maybe Sunday afternoonish? I don't know much about the area (Murfreesburo) as far as where to meet...

Thanks Dave, maybe I'll shoot for Tuesday morning because I don't know exactly what time I'll get into town.

Back