• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Porterhouse steak is the BEST !!

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Last week I purposed to find a good quality Porterhouse steak and I succeeded. Havent had a Porterhouse in over a decade and now that Ive found a local source I intend to have them often. We also had baked potato w/ sour cream. Yummy.
:thu

There is nothing like a porter house........

If you go to my food gallery, you will find a couple dishes.

For steak lovers, this steak actually brings you two different cuts of beef with a bone seperating them, the Tenderloin and a top loin (aka New York strip) steak.

Yes, Sluggy. Once in awhile I do eat beef.

"cmayna" said:
For steak lovers, this steak actually brings you two different cuts of beef with a bone separating them, the Tenderloin and a top loin (aka New York Kansas City strip) steak.
Fixed... (We're sensitive about this in "flyover country". :thu )

The Kansas City Strip and the New York Strip refer to the same cut of meat. Apparently restaurants in New York City in the 1930's decided they couldn't sell a fancy steak named after Kansas City (where the stockyards and slaughterhouses were located). So, they just started calling it a New York Strip.

If you want a steak renamed by a egotistical chef, order the New York Strip. If you want a steak named for the cut of beef originally selected by butchers working next to the stockyards, order the Kansas City Strip.

If the weather holds up here like it's been, I might start the smoker. Those porterhouses might be good off a slow cook.

Forgive my steak ignorance, but is a porterhouse the same as a T bone steak? The don't offer porterhouse steaks at the Sizzler or the Golden Corral where I eat.

T-bone steak is similar to Porterhouse, but the size of the tenderloin is much smaller. Both are from the same section of bovine, but at different segments.

"lethal289" said:
looks like you over cooked it!

Thats the photo editting . . . steak was a perfect 'medium' (light pink) and juicy.

"70 StangMan" said:
Better than Rib Eye ?? (I love Rib Eye , just curious )

I LOVE rib eye too but a Porterhouse is more dense and tender and has to be cut 1" thick. Not a cheap cut but WAY worth the $$$.

Again, the porterhouse is basically two steaks in one. It consists of both a Tenderloin and a top loin (new york) steak.

Love a Porterhouse stacked with grilled Onions and Mushrooms. My favorite is a Baseball cut Sirloin with Blue Cheese crumbles. That I visited this thread one of the above is going down this weekend :yah

I'm having Maui grass fed stak this evening at the Makawao Steak House....

"opentrackerSteve" said:
I'm having Maui grass fed stak this evening at the Makawao Steak House....
Maui grass fed.......I bet that was one :censored up cow before they capped him..... Maybe that's why they feed 'em Maui grass. :confu

Back