• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

OMG! The world is coming to an end!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Last night, Tropical Storm Claudette formed in the Gulf of Mexico. It's headed towards Panama City. Wife gets up at 4AM, and starts preparing. Everything is out of the backyard; plants brought inside. Safe room set-up for 4 cats and 2 dogs. The worst of this storm is probably 3-4" of rain, and 30-40 knots wind...nothing out of the ordinary from a standard storm front or extended thunderstorm. Yet...the world is about to end, according to her.

I think I'll take a nap in the garage and continue to not worry.

I've been through probably 50 hurricanes, some as large as Category 5. This one isn't expected to be a Category 1. *sigh*

"Yet...the world is about to end, according to her"

Randy:

Not to sound alarmist, but perhaps SWMBO has "plans" for you while you're napping!!! How good are you sleeping with one eye open?? :naug

Deb flew down to Sarasota yesterday, will get to enjoy that warm Florida hurricane weather she's so missed.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Guess what heavenly food she'll be bringing back...........Mmmmmmmmmm, mmm!

Update: not a drop of rain just yet, but the center of the storm appears to be just offshore about 40 miles west of us. Winds are about 10-15 mph. Appalachicola (say that fast 3 times!) is getting some rain, perhaps 3". Bay County (my county) opened up a Red Cross Shelter, and television reporter said no one has shown up yet. Yawn.

Well, our sky fell....to the tune of a light shower every hour or so. Ten mins. and it is over. Look at it this way....it kept your wife busy so you could accomplish you plan....napping.

Randy...I think I saw A cloud here over the weekend.....should I PREPARE?????? :danc

"KBMWRS" said:
Randy...I think I saw A cloud here over the weekend.....should I PREPARE?????? :danc

Absolutely. Be sure and make a last will and testament.

Well, I had the privilege of flying into Panama City last night at about midnight. It was a pretty bumpy ride down final, heavy rain, and winds gusting above 30 mph. Fun stuff.

"monkeystash" said:
Well, I had the privilege of flying into Panama City last night at about midnight. It was a pretty bumpy ride down final, heavy rain, and winds gusting above 30 mph. Fun stuff.

Next time you are over Mid's place.....dump the lav waste. :burn :hide :run

May your room that you've rented for MITM be cursed: plumbing backing up, vibrating bed not working, noisy neighbors, and a creaky bed.

"Midlife" said:
May your room that you've rented for MITM be cursed: plumbing backing up, vibrating bed not working, noisy neighbors, and a creaky bed.

:rofl :rofl
No doubt Craig will make sure that comes true.

Mike:
You better watch out...Johnpro's gonna curse you as well!

"monkeystash" said:

WTF? I thought ASA shut down whenever there was a "threat" of bad weather. Oh...I forgot...you're now with Comair!

Back