• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Non-factory hood hinge recommendation

WOW! That hood goes almost vertical. Mine are early Ring Bros and they have the opposite effect and limit the hood height. Smack my head on the hood pin every time it seems. :confused:

Again, in my opinion, aside from going for some aesthetic appeal the main advantage to a good set of billet hinges is the stability the provide over the stock pieces. They keep the hood square and aligned preventing paint damage etc. that wobbly hinges can allow.

WOW! That hood goes almost vertical. Mine are early Ring Bros and they have the opposite effect and limit the hood height. Smack my head on the hood pin every time it seems. :confused:

Again, in my opinion, aside from going for some aesthetic appeal the main advantage to a good set of billet hinges is the stability the provide over the stock pieces. They keep the hood square and aligned preventing paint damage etc. that wobbly hinges can allow.

I hope you haven't damaged the hood pin!

I would agree that the aftermarket hinges would go a long ways to keep the hood lined up. I have some paint missing at the front corner where the hood has rubbed the fender during driving. I would however, like adjustable hinges that allowed the hood to only open up a couple of feet for car shows! I hate having it pointed to the sky to just show off the engine.

Everything going smoothly so far. Working on aligning the hood. In 5 minutes I've probably got to around 90% done.
(far better than the 2 hours with the factory hinges getting NOWHERE)
I went with the Eddie Marine/Motorsports hinges.

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

Thanks. Just finished aligning the hood today. It's done! Gaps aren't too shabby.
It honestly hasn't been this flush or accurate since the 70's.....

Attachments

• 68 hood hinges.jpg
    68 hood hinges.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back