• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

No wonder Mid is crazy...

blue65coupe

This electric stuff will drive anybody nuts!! Just hooked up all the new stereo equipment last night for a test run before final installation and mounting. Radio no worky. Amp no worky. Duane no happy. :expl I guess tonight is gonna involve a test light and some fuses. Hmm, probably should have waited to put those seats back in.

Most modern stuff will not work if both the keyed 12v and the constant 12v are not connected. Very good grounds are also a must.

"AzPete" said:
Did you turn the key to on or acc? :danc

Huh?!?!?

I had everything connected. I probably blew some fuses or something while undoing the old stuff. First order of business tonight will be to direct wire the stereo to the battery to make sure it will come on and then go from there..........CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.......I didn't put the positive cable back on last night...CRAP.
Just joking.

Hey J, how am I supposed to listen to an Ipod if the radio doesn't work...DUH!!

Are you wiring the radio to be hot all the time or thru a switched power source?

Let's be clear here...I am not crazy; everyone else is.

Excuse me, as my friends have arrived with the long white coat and sleeves they want to fit me to...

Both Pete. Hot wire for memory and switched for actual power. I'm gonna direct wire it tonight to make sure it's hot and then will track down problem. Hey Mid, see if they can drop you by first. At least with your arms wrapped you won't be able to mess anything up. Wait, I've already done that. Oh well, at least wear your foil hat.

Ya, that must really suck. But....when I did work, I had now time for posting.....hmmmmm. Just how much "work" is being done?

Someone posted bail, but the drugs havne't warn of jest yet...I'm sooo sleeadflfdmw0u9[gf

Yo mid, need some info. Got everything running by straightwiring. I tried to tap into the power line that the previous "installer" had used. It was spliced into what appears to be a green wire on the inside of the firewall from the main harness. Without ripping out the whole back of the dash, I can't figure out what this wire goes to. BTW, the old "constant power" wire that was spliced is completely dead. Can't get any juice. My freakin' int. lights are out also now and the fuses are good. Any ideas?

There is no solid green wire in a 65, except for the brake light switch. The main power in a 65 is a black/orange stripe, and is quite a bit thicker than all the rest. It is tied to a thick yellow wire that goes to the ignition switch (battery power). Similarly, there's a black/green thick wire that ties to the ignition ACC line, and is fused. This is all for a standard harness.

If your harness is aftermarket, then I can't help you. If it is a stock harness, I recommend that you send it out for a quality refurbishment...it appears to be POedified.

Is there a green wire between the windshield wiper motor and the switch and something in the seat belt warning area?

Back