• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie from Cedar Hill, TX checking in

miketyler

I'm Mike and am a newbie here to StangFix. I just bought a 1970 Medium blue metallic Mach 1 last month. Have always appreciated the lines on the 70. As a teenager, always wanted oneof these and now I have one! It has had some work done but is somewhat of a basket case.

I just finished restoring a 1972 PLum Crazy purple Cuda and really enjoyed doing it. Am looking forward to going thru this car. Unlike the restomod I did on the Cuda, I always thought these cars looked great just the way they were fully optioned out with stripes, front and rear spoilers, rocker moldings all sitting on Magnums. Of course, this can always change but for now, thats my target.

Welcome aboard Mike, we LOVE helping others spend buttloads of cash :vic

Darn that 'Cuda is sweet!

My brother has a '73 parked in a storage locker. It originally belonged to my mother and was his HS+ car. It needs a complete makeover, but is a solid car. He's been bugging me for "us" to get it done, but "my energy level" and his aren't on the same level. His would consist of helping get the car into my shop and then coming by to drink my beer once a month while he checked on the car's progress. I've got enough crap going on and don't need that headache.

The '70 looks like a fairly straightforward build. It appears to be a complete car that's still assembled. It'll be easier to build when you've disassembled it yourself.

Since you're coming over from the land of Mopar's, know this.... a few years back Hot Rod (or Car Craft, can't remember) did a survey to determine the one car that epitomized the muscle car era. The '70 MACH1 was the clear winner. This speaks volumes as it came from a mostly GM orientated magazine.

We've got the people here that can assist you with whatever you decide to do with the car.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! Glad to see another '70 here.

Just a word to the wise... don't paint if Grabber Orange (here on after referred to as GO), or you will be ridiculed beyond belief.

But they're just haters.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, yes still have the Cuda. In fact buying the Mach 1 kicked my daily driver out of its spot in the detached garage. I have to get some of those dollies and see if I can do some creative space management and make room to get my G35 back in the garage.

The price you pay for too many toys I guess.....

"miketyler" said:
Thanks for the warm welcomes, yes still have the Cuda. In fact buying the Mach 1 kicked my daily driver out of its spot in the detached garage. I have to get some of those dollies and see if I can do some creative space management and make room to get my G35 back in the garage.

The price you pay for too many toys I guess.....

I'd gladly take that Cuda and store it for ya...

Welcome to the StangFix. Not sure how new you are to Fords and Mustangs. The knowledge base here is incredible so when you get stuck on something you will more than likely get an answer. Most of the time it is a good answer too. :craz If the Mach turns out half as nice as the Cuda then it will be just plain awesome. You know that you can come into a small fortune restoring this vintage iron, just start with a large fortune. :lol fd

Back