• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Project! 1968 Volvo P1800 "Bullwinkle"

Roger's Autobody/Kevin's Restorations in Vancouver, WA. Kevin purchased the business from a guy named Roger a number of years back. He is a good honest guy.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Kevin, he is a great guy. He usually has cars at the roadster show that he has done. He had my daughter and I out at his fathers place years ago to check out their car collection. The work that I've seen that he is done is always top notch. I was going to have him do my car, but I decided to go another (less expensive) way. I had him do some work my daily driver car that was involved in a fender bender.

Your Volvo is looking really cool, even though its a chick car!

It will feel pretty silly for you to have your arse handed to you by a chick car won't it? LOL! All kidding aside it will be pretty different from the normal hotrod or muscle car you see around and that is what I was looking for.

Kevin is doing a good job. A little slow at times but I may not have been as good at expressing my expetations as I could have been.

Coming along nicely! Curious as to how a job like that is billed? Not looking for numbers but did you negotiate a price for the work to be done or is it being done hourly?

By the hour. So far it has about 350 hours into the car with about 1000 more. Then off to interior.

Darreld

It will feel pretty silly for you to have your arse handed to you by a chick car won't it? LOL! All kidding aside it will be pretty different from the normal hotrod or muscle car you see around and that is what I was looking for.

Kevin is doing a good job. A little slow at times but I may not have been as good at expressing my expetations as I could have been.
Yeah, and the Mustang was a secretary's car. The Volvo P1800 is very hot in the classic car market.

I have a couple updates. The body shop started welding on the rear fender arches. They look good but will require some rollingandjusent to the body lines and work at the bottom of the fender.
34abd53d03f8144770a7e939830bf355.jpg

5568b7e513b93cee6620a528b8322c22.jpg

The rear end housing I purchased from Mad Volvo Performance arrived. It was drop shipped from Speedway Engineering and looks fantastic. I am waiting on the axles to arrive from Dutchman. I couldn't be more pleased the the rear end.

cd4e4a2a872334580e1f781e25f6b55f.jpg

21bbc1a945459c5529d12bdb525decac.jpg

0d42444fa5c8188f4c02cf071cd02bbb.jpg

Darreld

I received the new 9" from Mad Volvo Performance and it looks great. I had it powder coated after welding on some brake line tabs. It is ready to go to the body shop and put under the car. Those 315 tires sure do look good. I am pretty excited.

The body shop was supposed to start on the quarter window modification on Friday or perhaps tomorrow. I think that is when the car will really start to visually transform.

fe4de47ec23f273b44070a4df77feb31.jpg

8ad2bf16e88e99193db81e329257d459.jpg

97750455f7178cfef15975889cdf0145.jpg

Darreld

Massive meat looks good.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

The rear windows are starting to take shape. I am starting to get a little excited now. The car is starting to transform! We are reevaluating the front lights to create a more modern look than using VW/Porsche buckets from the 60's. I will keep you posted on that one.

73ad719c5e3f86e14dcfd25ed33f8f80.jpg

6850b4f571bcd313f42cbd4a96a4af15.jpg

Darreld

i like what youve done with the side windows. i always thought the original window shape was ugly and detracted the overall look, but this is much better.
But then, what do i know, i prefer coupes over fartbacks.

That is gonna be one awesome car when done.

Living the dream or running it down... Haven't figured out which yet.

We have almost finished up the quarter windows. The glass guy needs to come over to make some measurements and figure out a solution for that. After that is done the flange for glueing in the windows will be added. The interior portion of the Windows is done except for the addition of upper seatbelt mounts. The seams on the rear roof and on the A pillars have been removed and the drip rail fully shaved.
163b619ba30a82fd8383a801f8a4a2da.jpg
7789756ac5e61e45b95a45123d5a8a43.jpg
593a97b2555a8e87a37f424b3773d82d.jpg

I have been wanting to add some sort of rear spoiler to the car for high speed downforce. I don't want to destroy the lines of the car and have come up with a creative solution. I purchased a spoiler from a Crysler Crossfire which is an active spoiler. It looks like a a flat panel but when activated my speed or a switch it raises up.

I plan on integrating it into the deck lid of the car. The only difference you will be able to see will be a 3/16" line that will run the width of the trunk lid and be about 6" from the end. I should have the spoiler in on Monday and will keep you posted as that idea comes to reality.

After I came up with the idea I was doing some googling and
Came across a Chevelle that has already done it. Here is a picture of it.
7f8e77e122097d227fe3646acf98f9f7.jpg

Darreld

Back