• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New engine and parts

A

Anonymous

It also worked fine without that return spring! Never put it back in...didn't need it.

A

Anonymous

Small victory, UPS guy just delivered the clutch and it FITS :yah Maybe I can get it all wrapped up this weekend.

A

Anonymous

"Horseplay" said:
Come on. I used my best redneck lingo just for you.

I was unable to detect the drawl from your typing.

A

Anonymous

Gee, I thought the sarcasm was dripping enough to be obvious...guess not.

A

Anonymous

ClutchandFW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

Got the rest of the dripping goo cleaned up, flywheel and clutch installed and then pressure tested the cooling system. Water pump was leaking thru 4 of the attaching bolts. Took it all apart, re-assembled with a little silicone (right stuff) and checked it again after a few hours. Still losing pressure thru the bolts. I don't have another gasket to use between the back plate and the water pump, so I'm stuck again till next week. Never had a water pump NOT seal by doing this.

These are all new parts and everything lines up, but I did check to see that the water pump and timing cover faces are true.

What are other's thoughts about using silicone to seal the back plate without a gasket? yes/no??