• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New 2015 Fiesta

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
The Fiesta seems to be a popular rental car. I am sure that there is nothing wrong with a pre-owned rental car, just prefered to find a one owner car. Found one out in the desert, Palm Springs area. This was at a Honda dealer, guessing they did not like their Ford and traded it on a Honda. But this is the daughter's car and purchase, just helped out. Credit Union has a great interest rate special until tomorrow. 1.89 APR. She was approved for 5k and grandma gave her 5k. The car was listed at 10,300. The dealer matched the rate and gave her a little more, tax, license, federal excise tax, first born and a pound of flesh. She basically works part time high school water sports coaching and subbing.
So Monday I get a text message from the wife that the child was rear ended on the Freeway Monday morning. First thoughts are bumpers laying on the ground, air bags deployed and so on. It was just a little bump and the driver took total responsibility. I looked at the bumper and maybe found a little scratch. Daughter says she got a little whiplash, think she was on the way to the chiropractor when it happened so she got an adjustment.
So if you are still here reading do you think the Fiesta needs to be checked for damage by a collision shop or a Ford dealer? Maybe a 5 to 10 mph bump.

fd

Attachments

• cdfaf23888ff4d17bef4580588b00909.jpg
    cdfaf23888ff4d17bef4580588b00909.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 56d523604d5746d384afec7a0684af70.jpg
    56d523604d5746d384afec7a0684af70.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 20
I wouldn't think a 5-10 mph impact would do any damage, the bumpers are supposed to rated to absorb that. However, you mentioned your daughter might have had a little whiplash, couldn't hurt to get the car looked at. Most reputable shops will look at the car for free as long as they don't have to pull anything apart to inspect.

Looks just like my commuter car. I get 40+ MPG on the freeway. Just what I need to get into retirement. Nice car....Get it fixed up and I suspect many miles of enjoyment....

I suppose it can't hurt to get it looked at. There's always a possibility that something could be wrong.

while the bumper cover is fine, its the safety system underneath that might be compromised. some use styrofoam, some use a liquid filled energy absorber, others use gas. this time they did their jobs, next time not so much. i would get the safety system checked out at the very least.

Back