• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

McLeod Hydraulic Clutch Linkage Conversion Kit - Experiences?

We certainly differ as to the definition of
"Advancements".

I'm just a scrawny old bastard, I'll never see the need for power this, and hydraulic that and the attendant whining from guys half my age about how hard it is to push in a mechanical clutch or how hard it is to stop with non power brakes.
I drive these old cars because I enjoy having the same experience as I did when they were first introduced. Many others just like the way they look, so everything else gets swapped out for modern components . Ugh. What a sad, pale imitation of the whole original experience that must be. To each his own. It bears pointing out, if that's ones philosophy, why not just drive a modern car and be done with it.

Z
I'm surprised you don't just ride horses or maybe drive a steam powered buggy if you are so against advances in technology. :rolleyes: And for the record, I'm not some young guy either and I have had my share of old cars over the years too. I wouldn't consider it whining to believe that a newer form of tech makes it more enjoyable to drive a car or perhaps makes it that much safer as well.
You know what gets me? Guys that think the stock cross member as designed by Ford isn't good enough and go out and make improvements to it just so the car might handle a bit better. What's next? Welding a metal plate to said cross member because the stock jacking points are good enough for you? Hypocrisy can sting, huh?

Not wanting to be an ass just pointing out that being perched on a soapbox can be perilous.

I'm surprised you don't just ride horses or maybe drive a steam powered buggy if you are so against advances in technology......." "......that being perched on a soapbox can be perilous.

I grew up riding horses and driving a Mustsng the 1st year it came out. I still like both activities .

Not to worry about my soapbox. I been knocked off of it numerous times, but I know how to take a punch, get back up there, and continue to speak my piece against the adulteration of cherished experiences.

As for your ineffectual jab regarding hypocracy, 9 year old girls can land a better punch than that. C'mon now, you're not evey trying.

I didn't invent the improved crossmember, Ford did for the '69 boss 302 program and the Trans-Am racing series where they (we) were getting our asses kicked by the Cameros in the corners. I just adapted it to the '65/'66's. Still period correct in my myopic view.

Z

I grew up riding horses and driving a Mustsng the 1st year it came out. I still like both activities .

Not to worry about my soapbox. I been knocked off of it numerous times, but I know how to take a punch, get back up there, and continue to speak my piece against the adulteration of cherished experiences.

As for your ineffectual jab regarding hypocracy, 9 year old girls can land a better punch than that. C'mon now, you're not evey trying.

I didn't invent the improved crossmember, Ford did for the '69 boss 302 program and the Trans-Am racing series where they (we) were getting our asses kicked by the Cameros in the corners. I just adapted it to the '65/'66's. Still period correct in my myopic view.

Z
All in good fun, I will continue...

Ford has also utilized hydraulic clutches so using the same logic adding one to a classic mustang would also be remaining true to the lineage of the brand/car.

I don't really see how pointing out the obvious that technological improvements you deem worthy are "ok" but others you do not support are not fails to land a direct blow but whatever. How about failure to spell correctly even after given the appropriate letter usage? Would pointing that out perhaps cause a quiver in your lofty foundation? Or is that just petty? Probably not fair to expect spelling competency from a man who can't spell our cars arch nemesis name.

Honestly, just having some fun. I trust you are doing the same.

Ouch, you landed a decent blow with the spelling reference, eve if it was below the belt . Damn iPhone.

I'm going to loosely stick with 1969 as a technological high mark in out society. Don't have much use you cel phones, ...what happened to everybody being able to recall 40 telephone numbers of friends and family off the top of our heads ?
I cant do that now, Unfortunate demise of mind control .

Add microwave ovens, , GPS, and riding lawnmowers to the list of dubious advancements... Anyway, all in good fun, time to move on to the next windmill .

Z

Ouch, you landed a decent blow with the spelling reference, eve if it was below the belt . Damn iPhone.

I'm going to loosely stick with 1969 as a technological high mark in out society. Don't have much use you cel phones, ...what happened to everybody being able to recall 40 telephone numbers of friends and family off the top of our heads ?
I cant do that now, Unfortunate demise of mind control .

Add microwave ovens, , GPS, and riding lawnmowers to the list of dubious advancements... Anyway, all in good fun, time to move on to the next windmill .

Z

And yet you use this new fangled interweb thing to communicate your displeasure for new technology and to sell your wares.

I can appreciate your position, but I am one for improving what Ford built 50 years ago. I dare say I get the same experience while driving mine that you do.....it's loud, it turns heads, there is wind noise etc. I however, can turn on the AC, brake safely and easily without fear of hitting some idiot that pulls out in front of me (yes, traffic has changed in 50 years) and can turn into the new, extremely tight parking spaces in today's parking lots ( yep, those have changed too).

I am glad there are people like you to preserve some of these classics, but think you are being short-sided to question/bash those of us that want to improve upon what we have.

The internet was my fallback strategy , no one is responding to my smoke signals.

Feel your head real good. I bet it's not too badly bashed. At the root of all the hot air we're pushing around is the matter of defining "improvement". I see none where you see some...

Z

Last edited:
The internet was my fallback strategy , no one is responding to my smoke signals.

Feel your head real good. I bet it's not too badly bashed.

Z

True.....it takes a bit more than an forum discussion to hurt my rock of a head.

Back