• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

"guruatbol" said:
I am going to have to google it, cause I don't know either.....

And I worked in a prison.....

Mel

Turn off the safe search...then click on pictures for the full impact. :hide

All these names.....for something that is just designed for fun...... I'm to old to start calling it a different name.

"guruatbol" said:
I am going to have to google it, cause I don't know either.....

And I worked in a prison.....

Mel

Well, that was a waste of time.
I googled and found all these,
but i'm still no wiser!!

reversecowgirldemotivat.jpg

958060.png

image1s.jpg

thereversecowgirlnotnsf.jpg

MC conversion started! :yah

Had to remove the hood so I had room. That was fun removing it by myself. :hide

mc1i.jpg

Was the push rod suppose to slide out of the MC so easy? I heard that it's a pain to remove the push rod unless it was meant removing it from the brake pedal? :shrug Either way.. wasn't hard at all. It's kind of rusty and nasty so I'm going to see if I can't find someone to sandblast it or go buy some rust stuff to clean it.

Bleed the MC on a bench first. !!!

connect some lines on the MC and bent them so the oil wll go back to the reservoirs.

Fill the reservoirs with brake oil ( dot 4 or 5 if you prefer this )

Take a screwdriver and push in the back onto the piston in the MC. As deep as it can get.

Do this several times till there comes no air out of the tubes.

With DOT5, do not shake the fluid! Shaking induces air bubbles, which will take a long time to remove. When bench bleeding the MC, go slowly and don't introduce air bubbles.

"B67FSTB" said:
Bleed the MC on a bench first. !!!

connect some lines on the MC and bent them so the oil wll go back to the reservoirs.

Fill the reservoirs with brake oil ( dot 4 or 5 if you prefer this )

Take a screwdriver and push in the back onto the piston in the MC. As deep as it can get.

Do this several times till there comes no air out of the tubes.

Will do!

Before I can even think about putting the new MC on, I'm going to have to figure out whats up with the distribution block. I bought the bent lines for the single to dual conversion. They fit the MC but they don't fit in the dist.block. :shrug

"Kats66Pny" said:
Will do!

Before I can even think about putting the new MC on, I'm going to have to figure out whats up with the distribution block. I bought the bent lines for the single to dual conversion. They fit the MC but they don't fit in the dist.block. :shrug

You do know what bench bleeding is, right? Take the lines and the block to the auto parts store, they will have fittings that will allow you to adapt the lines to the block

Good start.....get the steering wheel out of your way and there is a lot more room to get to things.

Are you bagging and tagging everything......?

If I remove the steering wheel.. then I can't sit in there and "drive" and make vroom noises to entertain myself! It'll get removed soon.

Bag-n-tag'n!! :thu

bagntag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good girl....but "Hood Things"..........how about hinge to hood bolts.....latch bolts.....hinge to inner fender bolts.....

Remember, you will be seriously tested on this upon the re-assembly........and we would rather not have to tell you "we told you so"...lol

Back