• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnpro News - UPDATED with Contact Info

Re: Johnpro News - Please read

Godspeed John. May you be carried home on the wings of an angel. You may be gone from us, but your spirit will truly live on with those of us that you chose to share your life with. My sincerest condolences to the Prochaska family.

Wow.

I was hoping that this day would never come, but deep down knew it was coming sooner than any of us would be ready for. Godspeed John, you will be missed.

John's wisdom and kindness will be sorely missed by this world. I was contunually impressed with how he would offer suggestions and a positive attitude to people trying to fix their cars who he had never met. What a stand-up guy. I'm really going to miss seeing him around here. My sincerest condolences to his family for their loss.

John, we miss you but I know you're looking down on us from above and are saying 'Stop with that tribute CRAP and get back to rolling the forum or wrenchin on your cars'. But seriously, you were one of the gems of the Mustang community here on the stangfix. I am tickled that we got to spend time together at Knotts with your 66 and even when you started driving that newer model.

Tracy and kids, you had a great husband and father, and we here on stangfix.com got just a taste of it.

I'll be paying a tribute to John in Boston Harbor on Tuesday as I'll be there on travel. Sad time indeed.....8^(

I'll post some pics later.....

I was truly saddened to hear the news last night as I was walking out the door to make a run to the store. I actually turned around and grabbed the Mustang keys so I could drive the Mustang and remember John. While I never met the man I remember seeing the number of posts he had on VMF when I joined. At first I thought this guy must reply to everything, but quickly realized that most of his posts were advice and encouragement to others in the Mustang hobby. I remember how happy I was when I approved his Stangfix user ID, I knew one of the great ones had migrated to the little site we were trying to launch. He will be greatly missed. I'm envious of those that had the privilege to have met this great man in person as well as call him a friend.

I've read all the responses here and you guys are spot on. Its hard to type..

I don't know what to say.....John was my friend.

I can go over all the times he made us all laugh, how he helped us, but it hurts. It hurts bad. I always say we should celebrate one's life after they're gone but dammmitt ................

Here's to you John. Our friend.

malt38.jpg

Knotts07SunDnr0212.jpg

Knotts07FriNt1111.jpg

Knotts07__SatCruz1190.jpg

Knotts07__SatCruz1184.jpg

Knotts07__SatCruz005.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0077a.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0046b.jpg

IMG_0046a.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

WTF John!....I celebrate your life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnpro - RIP, I will miss your posts. Prayers to your family and to all who will miss you.

I had a hard time sleeping last night thinking about a Man I have known for years online and met only once while on vacation when the gracious people of California took the time to get together and meet me for a dinner, I talked to John on the phone a couple times, the last time I talked to him I had to pause a minute for him to stop laughing, he was full of life, anyways just wanted to add a couple of pictures that I have, you will be missed, RIP John.

DSCN2189-1024x768.jpg

DSCN2188-1024x768.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

"LSTCUP" said:
I had a hard time sleeping last night thinking about a Man I have known for years online and met only once while on vacation when the gracious people of California took the time to get together and meet me for a dinner, I talked to John on the phone a couple times, the last time I talked to him I had to pause a minute for him to stop laughing, he was full of life, anyways just wanted to add a couple of pictures that I have, you will be missed, RIP John.
John picked me up from BART and I rode over in Scary with him to the restaurant. There was a reason it was called Scary. LOL
Stan

Mike,
Those pics are priceless. John at his happy times.

John helped me get Opentracker Racing started. He was willing to try a set of these new fangled roller spring perches when they had never been herd of before. None of us knew if they were going to work or not. He got the third set I made, put 50K on them and sent them back for a destruction test. I sent him a new set but he sure wanted those originals. He was also one of the first to test our roller upper arms, again, no worries, just bolted 'em in. They are still in the '66.

The feedback I got from him gave me the confidence to get things going with the roller suspension idea. I had my doubts at times. He was a great contributor to the hobby, a good friend and a very knowledgeable guy. He knew how to put things together and was always willing to help others. They used to call it the " demon tweak " , some got it, some don't. He had it. He just had a way of knowing what was the right thing to do.

I will miss his camaraderie and sense of humor. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Thank you John, for everything !

"silverblueBP" said:
I've been reading advice from John since the early days of the VMF. While I never got to meet him, I felt like I knew him. He was always the nicest person with a great sense of humor.

John, you will be missed. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the family.
Mark, those were the exact words I was going to use to express my condolences. Down to the letter. Rest in Peace John. You will be missed and remembered.

Mike

Thanks so much for posting these pictures.

I think these sum up the way I will remember John with a Smile
on his face and in his heart. He truly will be missed by so many he
has touched in his all too short time we have shared with him.

To Tracy and his kids my deepest sympathies,

"KBMWRS" said:
I've read all the responses here and you guys are spot on. Its hard to type..

I don't know what to say.....John was my friend.

I can go over all the times he made us all laugh, how he helped us, but it hurts. It hurts bad. I always say we should celebrate one's life after they're gone but dammmitt ................

Here's to you John. Our friend.

WTF John!....I celebrate your life.

Priceless Mike, thank you for sharing the photographs.

John was an amazing person. I met him a few years ago when I was struggling to restore my mustang. He so generously gave his time to help me build my car. His skills with vintage mustangs left most of us stuck in 1st gear. He was a walking encyclopedia of mustang knowledge!!!

John was also master builder of friendships, equipped with a toolbox full of exuberance for life, humor, and love for family and friends. I feel truly blessed to have had him in my life...

wow. as i was reading thru all these responses, the thought occurred to me that i would be happy if i had half as many kind things said about me if i passed & i'm sure the rest of you feel the same way too. maybe that was truly john's job on this earth, to create a good example of how we should treat & interact with others. if we all take a few moments & reflect on our own lives & make a commitment to try to improve how we treat, talk to & help others, that would be the ultimate "johnpro" legacy.....

i didn't know john other than out interactions online, but feel that i really know him well after reading all the words here & believe he was a lucky man to have so many that felt that way about him. thoughts & prayers go out to his family.

Sorry for posting a pic again but this seems to be my favorite pic of John....not sure why.
IMG_1657.jpg

"KBMWRS" said:
Sorry for posting a pic again but this seems to be my favorite pic of John....not sure why.
IMG_1657.jpg

+1 It captured his personality.

its your favorite as it has captured John thinking, not doing. You can almost see the gears turning in his mind. I am not being funny.

Thanks for those pics. Let's make Knotts 2011 a Tribute to John....

Back