• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I can't make this sh!t up...

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I come home today, and wifey says she has called a plumber for two things:
(1) A sink stopper in a bathroom no longer works
(2) the kitchen faucet is leaking.
The plumber is on his way.
Say what? The sink stopper simply came unbolted from the pull knob, a 10 second fix. The kitchen faucet doesn't leak except when the handle is not fully in the down position. The plumber confirms both issues (no leaking kitchen faucet), but wifey insists on it being fixed. OK...After 14 years, the set screw holding the handle has rusted in place and even PB Blaster doesn't work. Our options at this time is to leave it alone or replace the entire kitchen faucet system. OK...leave it alone.

Turn the water back on, and guess what? The kitchen faucet leaks like a sieve. Crap. On to Lowes to buy a replacement faucet system for $219, plus plumber charges. They will be coming tomorrow.

Why can't women just leave things alone, or at least tell me when things aren't working so I can at least attempt to fix them? Damn.

Don't feel bad. Brenda calls me the other night while I'm in Charleston and tells me the kitchen sink is backing up into the bathtub! WHAT!!!! She tells me the plumber is on the way. He gets there, snakes out the line and tells her to stop putting potato skins down the disposal. I've had this conversation with her on numerous occasions. Maybe now after a 200.00 dollar plumbing bill she'll listen. Sheesh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I confess having similar problems. Here's my wife trying to fix a leaky pipe this afternoon:

30a3239dedbd046ece5943723cdb4ebc.jpg

She get's all frustrated and decides to go ahead and call in for a plumber, scheduling him to arrive....after I go to bed at 7pm? WTF?

img-thing

I keep the house in pretty good shape, so I don't hear much about that from the wife. What I do have to constantly fix is her damned computer. I can use the thing and it works fine. She gets on it and it does crap I haven't seen in the 18 years I've been working on them. I honestly have no idea what she is doing to screw it up. Can't tell her it's operator error or I'll get beat with said laptop.

Don't feel bad. Brenda calls me the other night while I'm in Charleston and tells me the kitchen sink is backing up into the bathtub! WHAT!!!! She tells me the plumber is on the way. He gets there, snakes out the line and tells her to stop putting potato skins down the disposal. I've had this conversation with her on numerous occasions. Maybe now after a 200.00 dollar plumbing bill she'll listen. Sheesh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron:

Frame the plumber's bill and hang it above the kitchen sink as a reminder ! :rolleyes:

Deb goes upstairs the other night and hollers that the window won't close. These are casement windows that just crank with a small handle. I go upstairs and crank the window closed. It wasn't stuck or anything. I ask if she tried going both ways with the handle....no answer.

Again, that's why I call it "rare" sense.

Ron:

Frame the plumber's bill and hang it above the kitchen sink as a reminder ! :rolleyes:

Very good idea ... but as long that bill hangs there , you won't see a smile on her face , not to mention a proper dinner.

In my case at least.

OK, I confess having similar problems. Here's my wife trying to fix a leaky pipe this afternoon:

30a3239dedbd046ece5943723cdb4ebc.jpg

She get's all frustrated and decides to go ahead and call in for a plumber, scheduling him to arrive....after I go to bed at 7pm? WTF?

img-thing
If you wife looks like that picture, what are going to bed after 7pm (meaning she is available to the plumber and not you then)

After fixing things numerous times around the house I figured out the secret. Whenever I'd repair one thing, something else would break or quit within a day or two. If got to be like a chain reaction, break, repair, break, repair. I just stopped fixing the first thing and nothing else has broken since!

p.s. Seriously Randy? You can't do a simple faucet replacement?! OMG!:eek:

Very proud to say I have never paid to have anything fixed or even done in my homes. I fix any and all appliance issues. Plumbing problems. Anything that comes up. The wife would never consider calling a repairman. If I am out of town she makes do until i get back. In that regard she is the best!

Very proud to say I have never paid to have anything fixed or even done in my homes. I fix any and all appliance issues. Plumbing problems. Anything that comes up. The wife would never consider calling a repairman. If I am out of town she makes do until i get back. In that regard she is the best!

Yeah right, you can fix all things household, but can't remember to lock a door.

I got tired of fixing shit so we built a new house, first time something breaks, i'll move again.... Actually I thought it would be easier with a new house, all I've done since we closed has been hanging pictures, garage door openers, fencing....when does it end...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back