• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Have the Eleanor's finally passed into oblivion?

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Haven't heard or read about any Eleanors in several years now (thank gawd!). Have any of you? This was an awful fad, wasn't it?

I sure hope so. People are spending their disposable income on things like food and rent now.

I was never a fan of the thing. Too much of the same design flair overused throughout the car, IMHO, but I could see people liking some of it. What I never understood is why someone would pay the prices they were getting to get a replica of a movie car when there was likely more than one already in the area. I lost count of the times I'd go to a car show and see multiples parked next to each other, no less. Very strange. Then again, in talking to several owners the one thing that stood out to me was that none of them was what I would consider a "car guy". Safe bet those guys never put a wrench on anything in their life.

In some way I liked the car except that hood !! Never liked it. Too bulky !! A 67 shelby hood is good enough for me.
With a 427 police interceptor , side oiler ?? , front RRS suspension , Chris Alston rear suspension , Wilwood brakes and a tremec 6 sp.
Doesn't have to have an interior. Just the neccessary instrumentation. Oil pressure , Temp and RPM .

I have always like the look of the cars. They are aggressive and just look right to me. I would never own one as there are way too many examples of them out there (I have similar thoughts on coyote conversions). I also have very bad impressions of most of the companies that converted these cars.

It is hard to beat the factory lines of a 67-68 fastback so I would stick with what the blue oval built.

Oh, they are still out there but the fad has definitely faded. At one time peoplehad pretty fair reasons to convert a base T-code car into one. Like money. I don't see anyone much getting into reverting one to stock.

I think its also harder to get ahold of the good quality parts for the Eleanor cars now. The biggest name in that game was MTF. Once Rich sold the company and the new guy jacked prices way up and then the molding facility caught fire, the good quality parts became scarcer.

I liked the quality and some of the style the MTF parts had, never was a fan of Eleanor specifically tho myself.

They were so overdone at one point, never liked them. Just because you spent 125k on the build, doesn't mean its worth 125k. It also drove the price of stock '67-'68 fastback prices through the roof, which sucks...unless you happen to have one sitting in the garage;)

Back