• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Getting Ready for Our National Show in May

Laurie S.

Staff member
Just so you can remember what my cars look like, here they are. Trouble finally has the hood back in place after 10 years. Yay!
theboyssm.jpg
Stangssm.jpg

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't get the fastback to the show. Jim Smart and I worked on it for three days last week and finally discovered that the person who did the wiring screwed up big time. In a couple months it will be completely redone, then I'll be able to safely fire it up.

Not the wiring I cleaned up in the trunk????!!????
Gawd, what an awful mess that was...some 10 years ago???

No the main wiring from the fuse box to the alternator. The dimwit used the alternator wire for the starter, then put a small gauge wire to the alternator. He had taped stuff together and put a powerbraid over it so we couldn't see it. It's amazing the car didn't catch on fire. Now, we start from scratch for the engine. A lot of the wiring can stay in place, but that trunk wiring still needs to be finished, too. When I changed to a serpentine system, that put the alternator and starter on the other side of the engine and nothing reaches.

Back