• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FINALLY found it

You need a drawing done so we can see what it's really going to look like........:rolleyes:

I know a guy.
No doubt. Just have to get things straight enough in my head on where I'm going with it so I can let you know what to draw. You did the one of my car LONG before it got going and If you didn't know what to really look at it ended up almost dead on the rendering. You'll get the call just as soon as I figure it all out.

No doubt. Just have to get things straight enough in my head on where I'm going with it so I can let you know what to draw. You did the one of my car LONG before it got going and If you didn't know what to really look at it ended up almost dead on the rendering. You'll get the call just as soon as I figure it all out.

I’m here when you’re ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m here when you’re ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bet he doesn't get that offer much.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Spring is trying to arrive here and I am back in the garage. In between finishing up a few items on the car I also started the process of converting the truck over to 12v so I could fire it up. Didn't see the sense in getting a 6v battery only to have to buy a 12v soon so dove into the electrical changes. Not much is really needed to be honest. Have to change out the starter solenoid, horn relay, coil and some stuff under the dash (wiper motor, radio). The big thing I wanted to do my way was convert the stock gauge cluster to operate on 12v with the stock instruments. I could have used the same voltage reg as on the mustang cluster but wanted something a bit more refined. I bought some electronic regulators and heat sinks and made the switch. For about the same price as the mustang's crude device mission accomplished. Also swapped out the points set-up for a new Pertronix system.

gauge.jpg voltage reg.jpgshrink1.jpg shrink2.jpg heat sink.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Ford AOD transmissions? Really leaning toward making the truck more of a long road cruiser type with some creature comforts like auto and air. I know about the TV cable stuff. Wanting to know how it handles power/torque. Can it live behind say 350/300 on the street or will it need modified?

The stock fox body era 5.0 had 300 lb ft of torque. I have a 90 (still stock) and it feels better with a shift kit. I might put a cooler on in the future as cheap insurance though.

I put the AOD in my mustang, but I'm not running more than 250 ponies.

I know a lot of people running Foxes with higher horsepower.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Look at http://www.clickclickracing.com/forums/forum.php it's got a lot of information about AOD's. Silverfox has kits for rebuilding and strengthened AOD"s. He has a CV valve bodies that eliminate the TV cable. http://www.silverfoxtrans.com/silverfoxtrans.com/VB_AOD.html
I spoke with Dan @silverfoxtrans.com and he gave me some guidance. Can't say enough good about him. Didn't try to sell me just told me what way to go. For my need suggested a '98 or newer stock AOD out of a truck coupled with a V6 converter (looser than V8). Said I wouldn't break it (good for much more than I will be pushing). Got a line on one now I will be checking out.

Spring is trying to arrive here and I am back in the garage. In between finishing up a few items on the car I also started the process of converting the truck over to 12v so I could fire it up. Didn't see the sense in getting a 6v battery only to have to buy a 12v soon so dove into the electrical changes. Not much is really needed to be honest. Have to change out the starter solenoid, horn relay, coil and some stuff under the dash (wiper motor, radio). The big thing I wanted to do my way was convert the stock gauge cluster to operate on 12v with the stock instruments. I could have used the same voltage reg as on the mustang cluster but wanted something a bit more refined. I bought some electronic regulators and heat sinks and made the switch. For about the same price as the mustang's crude device mission accomplished. Also swapped out the points set-up for a new Pertronix system.

View attachment 30926 View attachment 30937View attachment 30930 View attachment 30932 View attachment 30933
Good work!

Larry G has one in his 70 Mach 1 behind a healthy 351C and while he doesn't abuse it I think the 351 is probably a good test. His came from a V6 and he has done several power tours with it and seems to be pretty happy.

You need a drawing done so we can see what it's really going to look like........:rolleyes:

I know a guy.
Chris, I will be contacting you soon to get a drawing of ‘Doug’, ‘Farty’, ‘Tigger’ and ‘Shamu’ in my monster shop.

Back