• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Eleanor Coupe project history

"tarafied1" said:
thanks, I don't know about that. I have always been good with the mechanical stuff. A lot of the bodywork was my first time at stuff this major.
Cool, you guys need to start threads on your projects too. Maybe Sluggo will link them into a sticky for members projects or something like that.
i have a massive thread on my eleanor build on my forum here and some of my other cars too and other members cars also http://www.classic-mustang.co.uk/index.php/board,12.0.html

Dude, how many projects do you have!?! Many nice cars!!!

I don't know if many are interested in this thread but I'll keep going anyway.
I guess we are up to the time when it was reay for paint.
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

I even painted the engine red
photodisplay.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to use the 67 Shelby grille with the inboard high beams rather than the Ralley car looking driving lights Eleanor had in the lower grille opening. I had to fill the notches that were molded into the Maier FG parts.
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

next, paint!
they put a coat of red, then some black, masked the stripes and then the final coats of red and clear.
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

then I took it home to put it back together
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

even caught my son in action, helping me put the trans back in
photodisplay.php

"tarafied1" said:
can't wait to see your project thread!

Nah, most of my picture comments go like "Here's Sluggo lining up the fenders", Here's Sluggo...) etc. etc. You guys would eventually get sick of seein him....

you could photoshop him out :mod
really, a project thread for all the members cars would be so cool!

anyway, Engine shots, I love that 429!
72_07_10_08_9_27_05.jpg

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

back tracking a little, when I drove it before painting, I had tire rub from the sagging springs. I swapped out the stock springs for 5 leaf Grab-A-Track and HD shackles with poly bushings.
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

"Fast68back" said:
Nah, most of my picture comments go like "Here's Sluggo lining up the fenders", Here's Sluggo...) etc. etc. You guys would eventually get sick of seein him....

I only showed up for the easy stuff. The pics you really wanna see are....Here's Rick block sanding Sluggo's Mach1, Here's Rick block sanding the boss with Sluggo, Here's Rick painting the clone...............

"Sluggo" said:
I only showed up for the easy stuff. The pics you really wanna see are....Here's Rick block sanding Sluggo's Mach1, Here's Rick block sanding the boss with Sluggo, Here's Rick painting the clone...............
yeah, lets see 'em!

thanks for making the new section too!

"Sluggo" said:

The nastiness that's rolling around in my head right now is endless.....but I'll refrain!

After putting it back together and driving it a bit I had some issues. I went with smaller dia. tires and lowered it a bit with the Shelby drop. Now my headers were dragging on everything!
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

so I talked to Stan over at FPA and he knew exactly what I needed, some "shorty" headers!
photodisplay.php

he said I would need to grind a notch in the left motor mount and he was right, other than that they fit great. A PIA to install though
photodisplay.php

so the old Tubular Auto headers had served me well but they are out now!
photodisplay.php

had new Magnaflow SS muffelers replace the Flowmasters too.
72_17_03_09_5_29_00.jpg

photodisplay.php

now I can go with PS too since I have much more clearance
28428690130_medium.jpg

well, lethal289 is right, it's my ring finger. I can't wear a ring, watch, anything with my job. All the customer plants I visit have a policy so I never wear my ring. My wife didn't think having my ring on my key chain was too romantic, so I offered this solution which she really liked. I just tell every one it's my prison number!

I even had the front-end aligned per dazecars back in November of 07. I didn't know the connection to ORP then. I think I got the link to dazecars on mustangforums...
72_08_08_09_9_31_36.jpg

anyway, the car handles a lt better than I thought it could with all that weight on the nose and basically stock suspension.

Back