• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dyno Day for the 502

Still some things on the list
5e48ef0e89013ac605ba6cff45d64650.jpg

0ce7f6fb528bc3c8bb24bb31b0f028ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys, my check list is getting shorter.
I need to do some wiring. I am switching the Duraspark II box to an MSD 6AL and I need to wire up the NSS and reverse lights. I need to figure out how to get the fluid in the trans! Should have done that while it was out! But I would have probably dumped it all out when I tilted the engine. I need to finish up the Tilton Hyd TO bearing setup and bleeding and pedal stop. Put the dash back in (I had it out to put in the pedals). I still need to order a drive shaft. Then I will need to have my H pipe modified since the engine has moved. Need to work out my fan/fan shroud stuff too since the engine moved. Lots of little stuff like that! But I work on it a little each night. I am leaving for England and Germany this weekend so it will be a couple weeks before I can get back at it. I'd like to get the drive shaft ordered so it's being made will I am gone.

thanks guys, my check list is getting shorter.
I need to do some wiring. I am switching the Duraspark II box to an MSD 6AL and I need to wire up the NSS and reverse lights. I need to figure out how to get the fluid in the trans! Should have done that while it was out! But I would have probably dumped it all out when I tilted the engine. I need to finish up the Tilton Hyd TO bearing setup and bleeding and pedal stop. Put the dash back in (I had it out to put in the pedals). I still need to order a drive shaft. Then I will need to have my H pipe modified since the engine has moved. Need to work out my fan/fan shroud stuff too since the engine moved. Lots of little stuff like that! But I work on it a little each night. I am leaving for England and Germany this weekend so it will be a couple weeks before I can get back at it. I'd like to get the drive shaft ordered so it's being made will I am gone.
Better to fill the trans installed. Less mess. I used a length of hose with the end of a small funnel cut down to fit tightly in the hose end but with the small end able to fit into the fill hole opening on the transmission. Then I simply stuck another funnel in the other end of the hose up outside the car and started to pour the fluid down to the trans. Couldn't have worked better or been easier. I knew the volume of fluid necessary to fill the trans and simply stopped adding fluid when I got that much down the hose.

Not sure what you are doing for a driveshaft but if you want to spend the money I can't recommend Denny's enough. Excellent service and the product is very nice.

Modern Driveline (Who I bought the kit from) quoted me $695 for a 4" Aluminum drive shaft good for up to 1200 hp

Never used Denny’s. Probably good stuff though if Mark is using one. I have an aluminum shaft in my car from SorT. Nice product. Not sure how it compares in price. Right at $300 if I remember correctly.

I had a 40 dollar 4 inch aluminum junkyard explorer driveshaft shortened and rebuilt with new joints for 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back