• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

For the record, March also happens to be

National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month

Any of you guys & gals that haven't gone and got checked. DO IT!

I'm lucky enough to have 3 friends who are survivors...

butt.jpg

I got checked at 47 and the only thing the doctor found was a penny.
Seriously, I am clean with no polyps or issues. Doctor told me to come back when I am 57.

Wow, it’s been a long time since the last post! I thought I had put this crap behind me, but cause/effects reared its head once more.
No, the cancer has not returned. Instead, I had a baseball sized hernia appear next to the initial scar from from the liver resection. I had the surgery this past Wednesday and came home yesterday evening. Once gutted, my surgeon found two more smaller openings and fixed them as well. Pretty sore still today, but the Tylenol is keeping it tolerable. I have some Norco if needed, but am trying to avoid that until nighttime.

Glad to finally get it fixed. I can get back to my modeling career

Just goes to show you the topic of this thread still rings true 6 years on.

Mark
I don’t know, let me be clear.

How’s Jonah doing Bill?

Mark

He’s getting through it. He is remission which we are extremely thankful for. Still a long road of treatments ahead because Leukemia is so apt to relapse. He’s actually taking a study drug now that has proven to be a game changer for kids that have relapsed. This is so hard, we want to do everything we can to beat it the first go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, it’s been a long time since the last post! I thought I had put this crap behind me, but cause/effects reared its head once more.
No, the cancer has not returned. Instead, I had a baseball sized hernia appear next to the initial scar from from the liver resection. I had the surgery this past Wednesday and came home yesterday evening. Once gutted, my surgeon found two more smaller openings and fixed them as well. Pretty sore still today, but the Tylenol is keeping it tolerable. I have some Norco if needed, but am trying to avoid that until nighttime.

Mark
Hang in there Buckwheat.

Mark

Stapler ever send you a young redhead? Or at least a picture?

Allen

Hernias: not fun at all, but with 2-3 weeks of sofa rest and not hoisting anything heavier than a beer can, enjoy the "time off".

Time off? From what? SOB hasn't done shiite for years. Hernia? HERNIA? Guess the old TV remote has gotten a bit too hefty for the old fella to lift anymore. Poor cupcake.

So many ways to go with this,
I didn't know you could get a hernia from having to hold those ears up: he got the hernia from having to carry the other slackers on this site; carrying trays of cookies to the other neighborhood man-wives proved to be too much..

decisions. Instead I'll just post the hitch hiker Mikey is picking up on his way and another redhead for good measure.

Rest up lad

Attachments

• 1ad8dbdcea5f6562b2423fbde124646d_width-600.jpg
    1ad8dbdcea5f6562b2423fbde124646d_width-600.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 3cc777d0a1fad0dd4998149de9da4561.jpg
    3cc777d0a1fad0dd4998149de9da4561.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 33
Almost 7 weeks has gone by and still recovering. I still have a large "dead" spot directly over the largest one. It's amazing how long it takes to repair internally. I am getting back to "Normal"...isn't that the redhead's name? Abbie??

On a much sadder note. I did go to Florida last week to see my parents, but primarily to see my BIL. He's been dealing with what started as a very small spot on his toe and it has now gone through to the final stages of melanoma. He has about 2 months left on this planet, so say all the docs. They didn't take it serious at first and got some bad advice from family and medical professionals and it's gone as bad as possible. I was down there for 6 days and spent most of that with BIL. Very sad the day I left, knowing I won't see him again. BIL lived a good life. He honestly was the best of all of us that grew up together. Never did a bad thing in his life. Took great care of my sister and his kids and worked right up till he had no more energy. The guy never got to enjoy being retired. He won't see his 60th birthday. Very sad.

You don't need to be a sunaholic to get melanoma. Get checked by competent dermatologists!

Almost 7 weeks has gone by and still recovering. I still have a large "dead" spot directly over the largest one. It's amazing how long it takes to repair internally. I am getting back to "Normal"...isn't that the redhead's name? Abbie??

On a much sadder note. I did go to Florida last week to see my parents, but primarily to see my BIL. He's been dealing with what started as a very small spot on his toe and it has now gone through to the final stages of melanoma. He has about 2 months left on this planet, so say all the docs. They didn't take it serious at first and got some bad advice from family and medical professionals and it's gone as bad as possible. I was down there for 6 days and spent most of that with BIL. Very sad the day I left, knowing I won't see him again. BIL lived a good life. He honestly was the best of all of us that grew up together. Never did a bad thing in his life. Took great care of my sister and his kids and worked right up till he had no more energy. The guy never got to enjoy being retired. He won't see his 60th birthday. Very sad.

You don't need to be a sunaholic to get melanoma. Get checked by competent dermatologists!
I thought I felt a change in the Flarda' cosmos down here. I wondered what it was, It was you. Sorry to hear about your BIL. Yes....Cancer does SUCK.

Back