• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bullet Mirrors

That's just what I wanted to see. Thanks. The hole in my door is 11" from the same edge. There will obviously be some interference with the wing window but the further toward the back the better given the shape of the mirror. Of course, it could also get to be too far back and useless at some point as well.

How far can you open yours before it hits the mirror?

I can open the window about 3/4" before it hits the mirror. If it was moved to the 11" mark, it would probably only open another 1/2" at the most. This becomes a question of style over function. We chose style, not to mention that we will have AC someday and the wing windows will never be needed.

Yep, definitely a question of look over function. I really appreciate the cooling affect the wing can provide having never had air in my prior vintage mustangs. I also have no plans to add air to this one. But... I really want to go bullets. Guess I had better get used to the idea of being a bit sweaty when I arrive places. :p

I have no holes in my doors yet, and was planning on the bullet mirrors, but I wonder how goofy it would look if I moved them back far enuf to clear the wing glass... I don't think it would look right but will have to dry it before I drill.

I have no holes in my doors yet, and was planning on the bullet mirrors, but I wonder how goofy it would look if I moved them back far enuf to clear the wing glass... I don't think it would look right but will have to dry it before I drill.

I think the big problem would be that they would be mounted too far back to comfortably see anything. I tried them in several different locations, hoping to keep the wind wing usable, but finally gave up and put the mirror where it gave me the best view. That being said, the small mirror it about worthless as it is. So we just drive fast and never look back!

New to the forum. Just adding my $.02. I also replaced the side mirrors on my 65 fastback using the original holes. Looks raging sweet, but yes, the wing windows are blocked. However, they do do open just enough to get that vital circulation. And yes, they are mounted pretty far back and so you have to crank in the mirror pretty far and you can see a sizable gap between the bullet frame and the movable mirror part.
Passenger side - I do have the convex and it's a huge improvement over the stock.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427214636.927139.jpg

Back