• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

August CoTM nominations

garner67

Just wondering...

First of all, I love the COTM idea. It's a great way to feature all the amazing work and see pics of cars many of us don't necessarily see often. However, I'd like to find an easier way to view all the nominated cars for each month's COTM ballot. I'm always amazed how few people actually vote each month. For me, one of the things that makes voting a hassle is researching all the nominated cars; you have to scroll through all the posts, look in the gallery for pics, etc.

What if a separate thread (perhaps on the front page) was created to host all the nominated cars and their photos? The new thread's posts would be limited/locked to only the nominated cars and photos as well as the voting box. If something like this was setup, it would be much easier to compare the cars side by side.

So what do y'all think about having 2 COTM threads?... one thread to host the nomination posts and the normal chatter; and the other thread to host only the nominated cars, their pics and the voting box.

"garner67" said:
Just wondering...

First of all, I love the COTM idea. It's a great way to feature all the amazing work and see pics of cars many of us don't necessarily see often. However, I'd like to find an easier way to view all the nominated cars for each month's COTM ballot. I'm always amazed how few people actually vote each month. For me, one of the things that makes voting a hassle is researching all the nominated cars; you have to scroll through all the posts, look in the gallery for pics, etc.

What if a separate thread (perhaps on the front page) was created to host all the nominated cars and their photos? The new thread's posts would be limited/locked to only the nominated cars and photos as well as the voting box. If something like this was setup, it would be much easier to compare the cars side by side.

So what do y'all think about having 2 COTM threads?... one thread to host the nomination posts and the normal chatter; and the other thread to host only the nominated cars, their pics and the voting box.

You make a great point and we used to do that to an extent. We had a post for nominations and another for the voting. We could do it that way, I can start a new thread with the poll and car pictures, I would lock the thread to all but the voting so the pictures stay on the front page. Once the voting closed it could be opened up for congratulations and acceptance speeches.

A

Anonymous

"Fast68back" said:
There were not many cars in the 4X4 look contest.......

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sacbill

Hard Swinger
"garner67" said:

+1

lethal289

"AzPete" said:
Heck, I was confused when there was not the two posts.......sounds good to me.

your old, and easily confused.

I thought the first post in the thread housed the nomination pictures, this seems to have worked for me in the past.

johnpro

"Sacbill" said:

+2

... and I nominate SacBill's Slime ('68 coupe). It is really a beautifully done car. Plus if he finally wins the award, maybe he'll sell it and finish his '67 convertible!!!

We also need a better way of advertising that the vote is on. The vote count is way too low for the amount of members we have these days!

RustyRed

"johnpro" said:
We also need a better way of advertising that the vote is on. The vote count is way too low for the amount of members we have these days!

Some months the number of nominees also seems to high resulting in a ton of cars with one vote, etc.

daveSanborn

Just wondering...

The above is proof positive that the progress of this site is a direct result of our members participation. As with most forums we have a moderator/admin lab where we discuss functions of the site, but like all of you we're mostly just car guys that are trying to make this place work. If you've got an idea.... or a feature that you'd like to see here on StangFix, by all means do not hold back. Let the admin staff know as it may be something that we've simply overlooked.

Thanks Mike for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

FordDude.... No. We're still not going to allow you to post pictures of completely naked women. Get over it.

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
"daveSanborn" said:
FordDude.... No. We're still not going to allow you to post pictures of completely naked women. Get over it.

As a matter of fact I am over it. After having a number of pics deleted that were once accepted, and others that were up for over a week and deleted I am done for now. :beat

fd

AzPete

"FordDude" said:
As a matter of fact I am over it. After having a number of pics deleted that were once accepted, and others that were up for over a week and deleted I am done for now. :beat

fd

Must be his sight is going and he cannot clearly see the pictures he is posting.....