• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities **(added pix and vids)**

Re: 2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

well I cannot lie, it hasn't been all fun. The heat has been brutal with no AC and the venues have been in parking lots with no shade so no relief.
one guy had a heart attack in one of the parking lots and mashed the throttle, so besides a heart attack he had injuries and a totaled car, plus he hit two other cars.
Last night a guy with a 67 Camero broke the rear-end doing a burnout so he has to trailer it home.
Still, it is cool meeting so many gearheads and driving with them. Hanging out in the hotel parking lots at night when it cools down and looking at all the rides and bench racing. I'm gonna keep doing as along as I can.
IMAG1216.jpg

Attachments

• wreck 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 33
  • wreck 2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 36
  • wreck 3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:

Just FYI.. that guy and his lady companion that took the picture I found of your car last power tour is on the tour again this year. Maybe you can find them and have her take another awesome picture! :thu

I believe he is driving his camaro.
900210906_J6shy-O.jpg

Thanks Kat, I have seen that car but didn't get a chance to talk to them yet

"Jonk67" said:
I caught some of the cars coming through Franklin TN (civil war battle area),
Mad Max Aussie (Cortina?):[nb]AMC Hornet [/nb]
IMG_1689.jpg

dodge sandwich!, hope the heart attack guy is ok, love all the pics keep 'em coming!!! :yah

Yeah I see it in the grill now, the scoop, rear window slats, etc. really threw it off from looking like a Hornet, plus the color. I didn't look that close at it while transferring. Still pretty good looking for a hornet.
Jon

Well today I won the Indy 500, here is a picture of me leading the final lap and then my victory speech

Attachments

• Leading at Indy.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Victory speech.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 27

Nice. Where's the big check?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

bummer, I forgot to pick up the big check!
there were thousands and thousands of cars at Indy. Today was the best so far, we drove a really cool route with lots of twisty roads and the temps were only mid 90's instead of triple digits.
We were rolling along at a good clip until we hit a traffic jam on 65 but other than we had a great day

Attachments

• Infield at Indy.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 25
  • rolling at 92.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 31
  • stuck in jam on 65.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 31

Craig, Thanks for the posts and the pictures, looks like fun.
After reading about the heat you guy's had to endure I'd like to report, their calling for temps. in the 70's :thu here on the east side of Michigan with a slight, slight possibility of rain when you guy's roll in to Metro Beach on Friday. The last few days it's been in the mid 90's so those temp's are a welcome releif for us also.
I'm only 8 miles from Metro Beach so I'll be there to take part in this rolling car show.

"tarafied1" said:
Well today I won the Indy 500, here is a picture of me leading the final lap and then my victory speech

How come there are not any pretty girls in bikinis around you when you are giving your victory speech. In fact there are not any females at all around you.

"janschutz" said:
How come there are not any pretty girls in bikinis around you when you are giving your victory speech. In fact there are not any females at all around you.
well it was hot and I was very sweaty :roll
I did get to meet Larry today! What a nice guy. it was great to walk around and look at the cars together. Thanks for sharing your umbrella! That Mach 1 is much better in person. Very nice car. He led us to our hotel and we snapped a couple pix of the cars together. Thanks again Larry!!!

Attachments

• Larrys Mach 1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Larrys Mach in the rain.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 90
  • mine and Larrys.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 92
2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

Thanks Craig, It was great meeting and hanging with you and Tara today and seeing Tarafied in person. Great looking Mustang. It would have been nice to have clear and drier skies for your visit to the Motorcity, maybe next year, but we can't control mothernature. As for next year, Detroit to Arlington, Tx., I already got the OK if I decide to go.:)

"Larry G" said:
Thanks Craig, It was great meeting and hanging with you and Tara today and seeing Tarafied in person. Great looking Mustang. It would have been nice to have clear and drier skies for your visit to the Motorcity, maybe next year, but we can't control mothernature. As for next year, Detroit to Arlington, Tx., I already got the OK if I decide to go.:)
yeah, dry would be nice but after the heat it felt pretty good.
I'm glad you got the okay, if we get the two guys from Wisconsin and all the Texas guys going we could have quite the showing of Stangfixers!!!

Detroit is a hop away, After looking at all your pics there is NO way i'm missin out on that again! :no

my pix don't do it justice! This is a blast, a rolling car show and so many cool people. It's hot and sometimes traffic is a pain or some idiot pisses you off (let tell you about that later) but overall it is more fun than anything else I have done. Car shows at the hotels every night, each resturaunt fills with cool cars, lots of neat drives. I will keep going as long as I can afford it or the car holds together!

Re: Re: 2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

"tarafied1" said:
yeah, dry would be nice but after the heat it felt pretty good.
I'm glad you got the okay, if we get the two guys from Wisconsin and all the Texas guys going we could have quite the showing of Stangfixers!!!

I know I said this the last two years , but I am going make it next year. I had all the hotels booked and the wife talked into it this year if only I would have gotten the car done I would have been there.

If they do detroit to tx next year that would be cool. Did they say that might be the route?

Yes, Detroit to Arlington, Tx. was announced yesterday and will be the route next year. I don't think it will be leaving from Metro Beach, finishing point this year, but they will be leaving from somewhere in Metro Detroit.

"Larry G" said:
Yes, Detroit to Arlington, Tx. was announced yesterday and will be the route next year. I don't think it will be leaving from Metro Beach, finishing point this year, but they will be leaving from somewhere in Metro Detroit.

I may do a few days of this one since it ends up just down the road from the casa.

That's awesome. Maybe I can do the whole thing next year. We can take the ferry over to Michigan and start at the beginning.

Back