• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Build called Electra

I'd be VERY wary of that "car". All kinds of things could go wrong starting with how the roof was changed. Will all the glass fit properly, for example. I see a ton of metal work needed too. You can find a better candidate if you want a FB. The number of pieces missing in that conversion add up fast. Things like all the brackets for interior trim mounts, etc. That stuff is not reproduced so lots of fab work ahead of the buyer. Without stock pieces to copy that can be very difficult. The offer of metal with vin stamps off another car is another HUGE red flag as to the integrity of the seller.

yeah, i hearbya...Apparently all this guy does is restore fb and do restorations. He has a yard of them in various conditions. I do agree that is a bit shady but atleast its listed as a conversion...I hear what ya mean though...Didnt think about the brackets

yeah, i hearbya...Apparently all this guy does is restore fb and do restorations. He has a yard of them in various conditions.
That's another big flag. Why is he "dumping" this one? I would say because the cost and time required to make a car out of this one is prohibitive...especially due to likely title issues when completed. In the eyes of the law it is a coupe and always will be. The buyers market for such is extremely small.

Run from that one. The seller has questionable morals at best. No reason to think he is being straight on this one. Also, having built a Fastback from a shell, I can tell you the parts add up very quickly. You would be better spending three times that amount on a complete car that needs a restoration than than pile of crap.

Gotta love how he dumped the fastback top half on to the coupe, and then scabbed a portion of the former coupe's roof skin back into fastback roof. You can see the weld seam all the way around the perimeter... That roof is going to require a lot more bondo and probably still wont have the proper fastback roof profile.

Back