• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

160mph......

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Its a new high for me. Oh hell no, not in my Mustang. On my BMW K1200GT. :cool

It still had more left but I was worried about my side bags coming off. :yikes
My friend was on a Kaw Concours 1400 and his bogged down at 150. He says sixth gear is the problem.

You're f'n nuts Mike, I went 110 on a bike years ago and decided I didn't need to ever do that again! I like having some sheet metal around me.

Always nice when you know you still got throttle to pass with... :yikes

I registered 140 on my GPS on my '02 Honda Gold Wing. Full dressed, two up, on cruise control. Never tried it without a passenger. Been faster in other vehicles but I think the bike was the most thrilling for sure.

You guys are nuts. I don't even feel safe going 100 in my car, let alone on something with two wheels and no cage. 75 was kinda sketchy on my roommate's DRZ400.

"silverblueBP" said:
You're f'n nuts Mike, I went 110 on a bike years ago and decided I didn't need to ever do that again! I like having some sheet metal around me.

These bikes were designed for the autoban.....I've easily cruised my old K1100RS at 120 for most of Nevada. 100mph is a nice compromise though.

Its not a every day thing I do, nor is it on just any road. The Nevada desert as straight arrow roads in good condition, sight lines for at least 15 miles, no vegitation, no animals and no traffic.

Hey StarFury said your nuts too!

I just wouldn't do it. I just don't see your leathers holding up to asphalt @ 120... :bike

Being on the right road and then a feeling comes over you that says "this is the time" and you just keep rolling on the throttle. As said, not done often. My wife looked over my shoulder at speed and said "I thought we were doing a bit over the limit" and settled back down. She was a great passenger...... I do kinda miss riding........but things change.....

I understand the consequences. Why do people rock climb? Hangglide? Scuba dive with sharks? Heck if it ain't for you fine but I do enjoy an occassional high speed run.

The next day we happened upon a racetrack having a track day. We both got a ride with a instructor driver in a stock Corvette. Top speed there was 120 through the esses and 90mph into a hard left hander. Pure rush. It is addicting.

Yes bad can happen but if you prepare your equipment and yourself the odds are better.

Don't get me wrong here, it doesn't bother me a wit that you drive 20 or 200, god knows I've done my share of illegal driving with cars....I'm in no place to pass judgment on anyone about that!

I do think your nuts though, 2 wheels...no sheet metal around you, you bike guys (J excluded) have gargantuan jewels and apparently, not afraid of losing them :crazy

you bike guys (J excluded) have gargantuan jewels....

Thanks!

We spent 11 hours on saturday riding the bikes on a nice 400 mile roadtrip. There was an open straightaway stretch of road where I too throttled up, but nowhere near the speed posted above. I barely hit 100 before throttling back down to the speed limit.

We're all going to die, I just didn't want it to be that day.

I hit 130 on a kz 1000 once on a bumpy blacktop,(young and dumb) bike went into wobble mode--I figured it was over, somene slowed it down for me, I have never gone over 100 on a bike since, I don't fault those who do, just not for me anymore.

I usually only ride the bike on what I call Rides. No commuting or local riding for me.
Two weeks ago almost the whole family went for a ride over a three day weekend through Northern California...1,348 miles.

This past weekend only did 1,136. Desert one day and mountains the next. Its a fun thing....with some speed thrown in. :pep

Next weekend...cruising the coast in the '67 along with at least 5 more Mustangs. :gs :gs :pbj :toot

Wow Mike, you've got a big pair of stones. I didn't know a stock bike could reach those speeds. :wor

I work in insurance and based on some of the weird stuff I've seen, I firmly believe that when your number's up; it's up.

"KBMWRS" said:
It still had more left but I was worried about my side bags coming off. :yikes

You might want to consider losing some weight and those nasty side bags would go away, thus increasing your speed and desire to die faster.

"cmayna" said:
You might want to consider losing some weight and those nasty side bags would go away, thus increasing your speed and desire to die faster.

LMFAO!!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Back