• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

To buy or not to buy?

BigHoss

I'm thinking about adding another mustang to the garage? A 2013 model to be exact. Now I've got my big block '67 so I was thinking of a v6. I commute a lot so I'd need the gas savings. My other options are 370z or abarth. I'm currently driving a veloster. Or just keep the V?

Opinions please.

Did you just type you are trying to decide whether to go with a new mustang or an Abarth?! :nut

By all means get the mustang and lose the Veloster. Even if you don't get the mustang lose it!

The wife LOVES her 2012 V6 Pony... On a 200 mile roadtrip, we averaged 30.2 mpg. Just turned 1000 miles, so it's not even broken in yet. I was shocked how quick it is too....

I had to Google Veloster...
I have a completely different view on commuter cars. If I have to spend a crazy amount of time driving/sitting it traffic, I want comfort and quiet. I'll give up gas mileage for sanity any day.
That said, an automatic V-6 Mustang would be my choice of those you mentioned.

Haha yea I did ;) don't under estimate them! Power to weight ratio is key.

Yea no one seems to know what a veloster is. I think it's pretty cool. But not something I chose in the first place it was my wife's choice because she was the one driving it. But now I am...

I would love a 5.0 but its a traffic commuter. Doesn't seem ethical to have a 5.0 burning gas, parked on the freeway. I have my other mustang if I wanna go fast.

Mustang 5.0 18/26 MPG
Abarth 28/34 MPG

I don't see a big enough difference there to get me out of a car and into a HotWheel. I get your power to weight ratio comment but the mustang is still quicker and faster. Little cars only "feel" fast because they are...well little.

Only one reason I can see for getting an Abarth and despite what the commercials may lead you to believe, the model doesn't come with the car.

Why not the V6 mustang? Over three hundred ponies and a much nicer ride both literally and figuratively speaking.

Haha no age doesn't come with. But you do get a free track day w an abarth. And to me that's a huge difference in mpg. I have huge commute so it matters to me. I have my '67 if I want to drive something w balls. Not to worried about a commuter. Plus I could always slap a turbo or supercharger on a v6 if I change my mind later. In turn its only temporary till next year when the cuda comes out. Soo...

"BigHoss" said:
Haha no age doesn't come with. But you do get a free track day w an abarth. And to me that's a huge difference in mpg. I have huge commute so it matters to me. I have my '67 if I want to drive something w balls. Not to worried about a commuter. Plus I could always slap a turbo or supercharger on a v6 if I change my mind later. In turn its only temporary till next year when the cuda comes out. Soo...

Sooo....Keep driving your Korean car.

The Cuda is on my wish list too. We just bought the 2012 Durango, Citadel...I am impressed with the Hemi! The luxury is awesome and the mpg is 18 mixed and 20-22 on long trips.

Mel

Only way to get me in a Fiat is if this came with it.
tumblr_m2ui9f6nTl1qc4x35o1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. And yea I had a 400 hp ram rt. loved the power! the citadel is very nice coming from dodge. Durango looks much better

Back