• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Street or Track - Super Postitive Experiences

chaser012001

66 408w, TKO600 coupe...in progress
Not sure if this is the right place but I rarely dedicate threads to writing about vendor interactions. However, I have had so many positive interactions with @Shaun of Street or Track that I want to tell you all about it.

I cant remember back a couple years ago when I bought the front suspension and brakes so I cant really speak to that. What I CAN speak to is over the last four months, getting the rear of the car sorted and ready for action. I called him in January to start the discussion on what my rear options were. I left a message expecting to hear from him the next day. Instead, he called me that evening. We spoke for over an hour I think as he indulged my questions (some ridiculous and newb-ish) as well as just shooting the bull about these old cars. His passion to make these things the best they can possibly be is unrivaled with all the other vendors I've worked with so far. I genuinely enjoyed speaking with him and really hope I get the chance to meet him in person someday.

Anyway, that wasn't all. Upon installation I ran in to a few self inflicted issues. I traded countless emails and spent a lot of time on the phone with him understanding options, procedures, and making sure i knew what I needed to do to make sure everything was perfect. I had quite a few, what I would call, pretty stupid questions and things I would ask repeatedly even though he'd already answered. I'm sure I annoyed the crap out of him a few times but he was always patient and indulged me.

Lastly, and what inspired me to write this, I had yet another self inflicted problem earlier this week when the jack slid off the pumpkin on my car as I was jacking it up. Everyone was fine and nothing serious happened but I did turn the left hand link on the Watts into a boomerang. A few emails later and Shaun has a new link on its way to me...and didn't charge me for it. Its an aluminum tube and I dont know how much cost he has in it but, I expected to be charged for my stupid mistake. To me, it's a testament to him and his business wanting to make and keep customers happy.

Eventually, I'll be swapping his coil spring front suspension that I currently have to his coilover suspension. I also intend to outfit my 66 convertible with many of his parts. He has a customer for life in me.

Shaun, if you read this, thank you again!

Great to hear Kudos occasionally. I'm still working on getting my car assembled for the first time, but I'm already looking forward to further improvement projects down the road. Rear suspension is on the list. I'll definitely look into Street or Track when the time comes.

And Shaun (damn Brit spelling ;)) is even nicer in person. He has built a nice business and stands behind his product.

Oh boy- shots fired.
I think Rich was acknowledging Shawn to be one of the good guys in the way he responded to the OP's situation. And to Rich's point, there are quite a few people out there who forget all about the customer on the backside of a transaction. The guys we all praise here like Shaun and Rich and John consistently seem to take the path less traveled and take care of their customers. Must be something about mustangs and those who love 'em.

I think Rich was acknowledging Shawn to be one of the good guys in the way he responded to the OP's situation. And to Rich's point, there are quite a few people out there who forget all about the customer on the backside of a transaction. The guys we all praise here like Shaun and Rich and John consistently seem to take the path less traveled and take care of their customers. Must be something about mustangs and those who love 'em.

I agree. I recently returned something to Shaun not because there was anything wrong with what he sent me, but because I changed the direction I was heading in. Shaun was super cool about everything, I never got a hint he was irritated or annoyed, he just rolled with it and got me all squared away. And like Chase I feel like I've tested his patience with some pretty stupid questions, but Shaun takes it all in stride and simply focuses on making sure his customers have the information they need and are happy. I really wish all vendors were like this.

Back