• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sold a house, earned some mod money!!

Liz

Woohoo! Had a closing yesterday, so now the car gets mods, yaaay!!

Gonna finally get the torque limiter and K-member brace I've been wanting since last year. The tranny torques too much under high RPMs and creates some serious hangups when shifting. I've been told, this mod will help correct a lot of that, and with some DRs, then I can get back to the track and really see what the car can do.

Christmas is coming early, baby, oh yeah!

torque limiter and K-member brace

Darnit..... I'm obviously late model ignorant as I have no idea what you'all are talking about.

Wouldn't more torque be a good thing?

K-member = crossmember of some type?

I bet it's something like a torque strap....something to ridgidly tie the engine to the frame.
That is, to keep the engine from twisting too much which can break motor mounts and, i guess, screw up your shift linkage.

It lays down 427hp, 429 torque, to the rear, not the flywheel.

Torque limiter and brace go underneath the tranny, to eliminate the flex that occurs. These cars weren't built to handle the 500+hp that is available with simple add-ons. Therefore, when I'm getting into the higher RPMs, like over 5K, the shift gets hung up and I can't engage the gears.

Last time I tried to really bang on it, triple digit speed, went 3rd to 4th, and it popped back into 2nd. Try to imagine how that felt and how many "Oh shits" were in my head that night. Kept it straight and didn't even blink. But it was not the most fun in the world.....

Joe, you know I'm worthless for posting pics. However, it's going on the car today, just in time to beat on it during my road trip to MO tomorrow :).

And I'll call you a liar in a court of law standing on a stack of bibles, Toots.

Hmph. Can you feel the heat of my lifted eyebrow and the stare you're getting right about now, Slick?

Back