• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Week 2022 (end of line)

69GT350H

The dates were just announced. This will be THE LAST Mustang Week!

Event by: Mustang Week
Myrtle Beach, SC
Duration: 6 days. Mon, July 25, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Public · Anyone on or off Facebook

After 20 great years in Myrtle Beach, the Mustang Week staff has decided to return to our original roots and do one final event in Myrtle Beach at the Myrtle Beach Mall in July.

1637099723268.png

There used to be the Myrtle Bch BBQ at BeachPoniy's every year. I actually flew out there for the weekend for it.
Of course this was in the late VMF days.

For me, the 2019 MW was canceled due to Hurricane Dorian. Several hundred of us went to Pigeon Forge, several hundred went to Charlotte Speedway. The 2020 MW was canceled due to Covid. Several hundred of us went anyway. 2021 was finally my 1st official MW, and there were events at Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach Convention Center, Beaver Bar, and Suck Bang Blow. I had not heard of BeachPoniy, looked for it (googled), and did not find it, so I am not sure if it exists anymore.

"BeachPony" is not an "it", rather he is one of our brothers with roots back to the beginning of Stangfix. His name is Ron, he and his wife live in the Myrtle Beach area, and previously hosted a big BBQ event at their home each year for their Mustang friends. Though not a prolific poster at this time, he does come up for air occasionally.

Well, that would explain some of it, though I have been on VMF for several years and posted numerous times about MW, and never hear about it there either. Guess like many other things, it was before my VMF time. It seems not many group/forum members attend the events together these days, with the exception of Kelly and the group that heads out West every year. Sorry, I'd have to leave this post to look up the thread that is posted here on StangFix to find all the members involved. :)

It will be like the Ford show that NPD put on every year at Silver Springs. The last one had huge attendance. The problem was that Silver Springs, the park, has declined over the years and once the state bought it there aren't as many activities and the food/shopping/exhibits are awful.

Well, that would explain some of it, though I have been on VMF for several years and posted numerous times about MW, and never hear about it there either. Guess like many other things, it was before my VMF time. It seems not many group/forum members attend the events together these days, with the exception of Kelly and the group that heads out West every year. Sorry, I'd have to leave this post to look up the thread that is posted here on StangFix to find all the members involved. :)

Us West Coast guys ( and a few stragglers from other parts) get together on a regular basis for several shows/trips every year. COVID slowed it down a bit, but I expect that won’t hold us down for long.

I am currently booking my accommodations for the 2022 Mustang Week event, and after that will be looking into accommodations for the 2022 Mustangs at Daytona event. The 2022 PITS event has already been taken care of. Yeah, I'm an east coast guy.

Speaking of US west coast folks........

I feel a Meet In The Middle should be planned....springtime? Of course not to interfere with The Trailer Trash Tour.:p:p

Where's the middle? I hope you're not thinking that god forsaken flat piece of hell known as Iowa.

Speaking of US west coast folks........

I feel a Meet In The Middle should be planned....springtime? Of course not to interfere with The Trailer Trash Tour.:p:p
I could do one. I am planning an Oregon trip in May.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jus responding to your excellent reporting of Mustang related things to do....

Now on to MITM!;)

Back