• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what followed me home...Terry started it

kb3

I was not looking and had zero plans to add another car to the fleet. A couple of weeks ago the boy and I were walking around the Turlock Swap Meet, a well known west coast event. I always walk through the cars for sale and this beauty caught my eye. A closer look was warranted! It is a 1968 Cougar XR7. The guy selling it has had it for about 10 years, bought it after it was hidden away for the previous 20 years in a warehouse. While not a true survivor, it is very close. Short of a repaint, in original color, most of the car is as it came from the factory. Powered by a 4 barrel 302, the carb was recently replaced. Add the aftermarket wheels and tires (wheels will be going) and a glass pack dual exhaust and you have all of the modifications done to the car. The interior is near perfect and all of the switches and lights work as designed. I am not a fanatic when it comes to original cars, but this one was too good to let go to someone that would destroy it.

It will just be a cruiser to have fun with while I build my other project(s). Power steering, A/C, auto trans, and power brakes make it a dream to drive with little concern. Now to source a few minor parts that need to be replaced to bring it to near perfect! I am even considering dumping the glass packs and going back to the stock dual exhaust to quiet it down a bit.

Attachments

• Cougar front.jpg
    Cougar front.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Cougar rear.jpg
    Cougar rear.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 26
Car looks great! That is a sweet garage setup you've got there, too.

Looks to be a very nice car ! Congratz on the find !

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Back