• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what DIDN'T follow me home today

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
1983 928.jpg

Came really close to buying this. One of Joann's favorite styles. Seemed really nice except that its in Florida which means no hands on checking it out. And of course being a 40yo car would have its own issues. Found it on Hemmings
Hemmings 928
Stated as an estate buy so no maintenance history which is a big red flag. Perfect looking though so if I was nearby it would have been a maybe. Then again being a Porsche also means repair $$$. Had 62k miles and timing belt should be replaced at 50k so already a cost to keep. Then there's the shipping.

I am told that the 928 and 944s are going to be the next collectible Porsche. While I am not sure they will skyrocket, they can certainly be bought cheap right now in “project” condition

I am told that the 928 and 944s are going to be the next collectible Porsche. While I am not sure they will skyrocket, they can certainly be bought cheap right now in “project” condition
Maybe true but parts are extremely expensive , even in Europe ! I did work on a 73' 911 and man , orignal parts are expensive and aftermarket parts are sh$tt quality.
Pelican is one of porsche parts supplier.....I think.

Besides being so far away without personal inspection I searched and found forums and articles about the 928. One guy wrote a piece that it was always his dream car and he finally found one to buy. This was lately. He proceeded to state that when you come to a price triple it. Timing belt replacement and electrical gremlins are prevalent. This being a 80s car all that plastic and early electrical connections are deteriorating.
This car looked great. The interior was almost white and clean as can be. Not sure how that happens with 62k miles so that probably is a red flag right there.
If it was closer I might have seen it in person and made a different decision but its best to walk away.

Back