• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Drill recomendations

DeWalt cordless drills, impact drivers are tops in my book.

"silverblueBP" said:
DeWalt cordless drills, impact drivers are tops in my book.

+1 I switched from sears to Dewalt years back. They are great drills. The batteries last along time and recharge is quick.

I have had a 18v Dewalt for at least 5 years and it is my "go to" tool when I need to drill or drive screws. My wife bought me the same Craftsman that you show above a year ago, and while it is a decent drill, I still reach for my Dewalt. The Dewalt is better balanced in my hand and has a great little LED light that shows the way. The chuck seems to hold better, with little to no slipping, than most keyless chucks I have used.

If you're just looking for a drill, this is the one to get!
dcd950kx_1.jpg

http://www.toolsdirect.com/dewalt-dcd95 ... 4AodO0YAQQ
Its an animal and it does it all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the three piece set of cordless Dewalt with Drill, impact driver, and Sawsall. They are awesome!

I think I paid around $190.00 for the entire kit. Came with a carry bag as well, which was for a emergency bag for my daughter's car.

Shop around you will find a kit deal somewhere. Go to a pawn shop and get a good used one.

Sears= crap
Dewalt = Awesome!

You will not be sorry!

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
I got the three piece set of cordless Dewalt with Drill, impact driver, and Sawsall. They are awesome!

I think I paid around $190.00 for the entire kit. Came with a carry bag as well, which was for a emergency bag for my daughter's car.

Shop around you will find a kit deal somewhere. Go to a pawn shop and get a good used one.

Sears= crap
Dewalt = Awesome!

You will not be sorry!

Mel

Almost all my tools and power tools are Craftsman.
I used to work at sears, but that was about 15 years ago. Now it seems all their stuff is getting cheap.

Most of my stuff is Craftsman too, but I have noticed a huge quality shift since Kmart bought them.

Mel

Dewalt here too -

I got one of these off ebay used without the battery for about 1/4 of the new price. Works great.

dcd950kx_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After the fire, i replaced all my b&d, dewalt, sears drills with milwaukee. The keyless chucks are all metal instead of the usual plastic & they just seem to be made better. Make sure if you buy something, go with the new lithium ion batteries. They last longer & are much more compact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. That makes me special!

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
After the fire, i replaced all my b&d, dewalt, sears drills with milwaukee. The keyless chucks are all metal instead of the usual plastic & they just seem to be made better. Make sure if you buy something, go with the new lithium ion batteries. They last longer & are much more compact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. That makes me special!

I really like the Milwaukee hole shooters, but they have a cord. I didn't like the Dewalt until I used the impact driver. I do love it.

If I had my rathers I would but the Milwaukee over anything, but have never used their corless stuff. when I was building and installing cabinets for a living in the early 80s the Milwaukee hole shooter was our drill of choice for both driving screws in and drilling holes. For cordless we used Makita. Nice but my Dewalt is twice the tool the Makita was.

For durability the Milwaukee corded tools are the very best. Cordless, I don't know. Now that Sellersrodshop has used them all, maybe he is more qualified that all of us.

Mel

now that i'm home & can type on the "big screen", i'll add more... i bought the 18v kit with the sawzall, drill, impact driver & flashlight. i used the impact driver to completely reinstall the overhang on the back & side of the shop. it snapped the heads off of 2 of the 3/8 lag bolts & also twisted up the adapter for the socket. pretty good torque for a cordless. i also bought a circular saw on ebay for the kit & have used it a bunch although it does use the batteries up pretty quick. it was very handy when laying the decking in the attic, no cords to mess with. on black friday, i picked up another compact 18v drill to use for assembly work etc. but havent used it yet. the keyless chuck on it is all metal too. i've had the plastic ones come apart over the years. also noticed a few years ago after B&D bought out dewalt, the batteries & chargers seem to die quicker. i've always had the idea that it was about 50% probable that a melted down charger/battery caused the fire... i've had the big milwaukee kit for 2 yrs now & battery life hasnt diminished any to date.

Back