• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

And more info you really don't care about...

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
A few years back my son was...well just living at home and working at weird jobs. He finally woke up and went to the local JC for Aircraft & Powerplant instruction in order to get his FAA license. He graduated and started working for an outfit at San Jose airport. He then searched and found a job with Gulfstream working on their luxury aircraft for clients. Problem was it was in Wisconsin. So he and his girlfriend moved out there to Pat's neighborhood near Appleton. He bought a house. Got married in 2021. Just last month he announced they were having a baby in November. Now....he calls and says he is changing jobs. Moving to Fort Worth, Texas to work on a oil company's Gulfstreams. He specializes in avionics so I guess they need him. Offered a great salary. He got hooked up there with one of their employees that my son went to A&P school with and lived across the street here at home.

So the call also asked for help moving. Sometime in July we'll be driving across the country so we can haul cars and belongings down to Texas.

I think he's doing okay now.:)

Sounds like a great opportunity. I'd get out Wisconsin if I was him too.

He should have no trouble selling his house here, the market in his area is still really doing well.

Tell him congrats from us on all that.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Wisconsin was nice, but Texas is definitely nicer!

Sounds like he's doing great!

Made the drive solo from TX to WI driving a uhaul and towing my car. What a long drive.

" He finally woke up and went to the ........." Sounds familiar to me.
Seems he is now a man with a plan . Congratz to him with his new job !!
Now that big F250 comes in handy I guess ???

Wisconsin was nice, but Texas is definitely nicer!

Sounds like he's doing great!

Made the drive solo from TX to WI driving a uhaul and towing my car. What a long drive.
i looked on google and thats only 1600kms.
I can do that and still be in queensland

i looked on google and thats only 1600kms.
I can do that and still be in queensland
Depends on where in TX you start and where in WI you end up. To drive from one side of Texas to the other it can be over 1300 KM itself.

Your post made me curious so I did a little research and was surprised to learn just how similar in physical size our two countries really are. Well, until you include Alaska, anyway!

Size-of-Australia-compared-to-USA-on-a-Map.jpg
size-of-alaska-compared-to-size-australia.jpg

The main difference is that there isn't a whole lot in the center of Oz. Mostly desert country. Distance between towns can be days away.

I'm probably 3/4 days away from scedd. Google Perth to Brisbane.

Last edited:
Woof, moving to Texas in July is a nightmare! Good on your son for landing a cool job but man trying to move your shit around in that heat really sucks.

DFW is well-known as the snobbiest city in Texas :p They do have a pretty awesome Summit Racing though!

If you make to Ft. Worth, I'm just north of Dallas. Could meet in the middle to say Howdy and have some good eats!

Well plans change. He's still moving but has decided on using the professional movers offered. Which means no driving to Wisconsin -Texas - California in a couple weeks time for us.
I'll meet you in Fort Worth in the future though.

Back