• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1979 Pace car - value?

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
My uncle has a nice, restorable 1979 pace car that he is considering letting go.

What's A value on these things? I'm entering the idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

"70_Fastback" said:
It is a four-cylinder turbo car, no Rust, 3680 original miles
WOW. I guess that link I posted up might have bearing in your case.

I had a buddy in Florida that had one and it was a blast to drive/ride. It got great gas mileage too!

"70_Fastback" said:
My uncle has a nice, restorable 1979 pace car that he is considering letting go.

What's A value on these things? I'm entering the idea...

It is a four-cylinder turbo car, no Rust, 3680 original miles
Restorable, but only 3680 miles????? :hmm

Tough deal. If it's an unrestored car, with that mileage, about all you can reasonably do is trailer & show it... If it wasn't stored properly and actually needs restored, the value gets destroyed by restoring it. Not enough money in these to make them worth restoring anyway - all the value in this one is as a low-mileage, un-restored survivor.

If you want to drive it, the low-mileage means nothing and value gets destroyed quickly. The Turdo-4 was only ~130hp, so it wasn't much fun to drive (79 V8's weren't much better either). If the original TRX tires are still there, they wouldn't be safe to drive on anyway - your only choices are aftermarket wheels & tires or ~$400/tire for new TRX's.

Dang Bob, some of us don't care about the originality and would just drive the shart out it!

Dang purist :yah

i'd say its worth just as much as the hudson to somebody else :ns

I actually seen one for sale at a car show a few weeks back, IIRC guy was asking sub 10k. I want to say $9500. It was a really clean car. :dun

Back