1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Trump vs. pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by FordDude, Jan 17, 2019.

1. FordDude

FordDude Well-Known Dude Staff Member Moderator

2. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

And Trump responded by cancelling her trip to Afghanistan and a few other countries.

msell66 likes this.
  3. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

And every one of those countries sent Trump a great big thank you for keeping her away no doubt

4. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

I was hoping she would go and they would keep her! I don't care what side of the aisle you are on.....no one can possibly believe she is the best person to be the House Majority Leader.....no one in their right mind.

Mach1Mark, Laurie S. and msell66 like this.
  5. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels at c2 Donator

It's like watching Romper Room in real time.

6. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Well-Known Member

He also had all their luggage sent by cart back to her office. Ya know, just to rub it in one more time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Laurie S. likes this.
  7. FordDude

FordDude Well-Known Dude Staff Member Moderator

85B5D0FB-B1DA-47F2-930B-5D8FBD1D67C6.jpeg

Nancy fired a shot, will donny return fire.

fd

8. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

He's out of bullets.

9. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

Yes he fired a shot. He's doing it anyway somewhere else.

The one with the weak hand is Nancy. Her Dem minions are starting to break.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

10. Horseplay

Last I read Trump cancelled plans to do it elsewhere. His bluffs are starting to get called by the likes of Pelosi. As usual, when left on his own he has totally screwed up what could have been a very powerful move/message regarding the shutdown. Each day it drags on now sinks him lower and lower in public opinion. His party is going to abandon him soon on this stand if he's not careful.

11. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

The party's over...turn out the lights...

12. guruatbol

Yes he did that today.

Mel

13. guruatbol

The Democrats own the shutdown.

He did cancel the State of Union address. I'm a bit disappointed because if he did it in spite of her he would have been seen in a better light.

There are some prominent Democrat how members that are calling for funding the wall.

He did prove that Pelosi and her followers are not interested in DACA or anything other than resisting Trump at all costs.

The entire situation is sad and all parties involved need to grow up and do their job. I feel like I'm seeing a father deal with a toddler throughing a tantrum.

Mel

14. Horseplay

I'm sorry but as I see it this lone act will end Trump. Only his most devout supporters will stand by him now. Any middle road conservative, anti-Hillary, anti-Liberal, etc. is surely fed up. I know I am. Such wasted opportunity. I had hoped there was some hidden capital he held that would be played to make this go his way but now it looks as just another idiotic stance gone bad. The media with its constant portrayal of near starving and homeless hard working government employees has worked. I laughed when it started a week in before anyone had even missed a paycheck but now that it has dragged on a month there really are thousands who live check to check that are short of money for food and other necessities. I still place the blame on them as they should have been better prepared given the history of shutdowns but in this day and age far too many live beyond their means and fail to save. I realize they have access to loans to carry them through. I'm sure they can put a couple weeks of groceries on a CC to get by until they receive all their back pay. It doesn't matter. The liberal media images have worked. Public opinion has swayed.

The saddest part in all of this is that Trump is doing all this for a symbolic handful of cash that is nothing compared to the full funding he had but rejected not so long ago when his party held full power. Proof positive this is all political (amateur level at this point) and not really about border security. If the effort was to cast the new Democrat controlled House as being obstructive to the point of damaging America that bomb expectantly blew up in his hand the minute he tried to use a blowtorch to light the fuse. Just how stupid does one have to be to get out played by the hag Pelosi anyway!?

Now the only hope is that all of this was distraction and something else he really wants will get through while the people are looking the other way. Could it be all the new judiciary appointment efforts that have just ramped up? highly doubt it. I don't think Trump capable of thinking two steps ahead let alone four.

15. guruatbol

There's a lot here to digest. So for the first thing, these people are not going without money. Nearly every bank is giving them zero percent loans.

So if this media crap load of lies is working, it's because the sheep are not paying attention.

I personally think that any position that is not essential should be deleted and the people there should be placed in positions elsewhere using attrition. We have far too many federal employees!!!

Laurie S. likes this.
  16. Horseplay

There are two distinct groups of fed "employees" in this mix. The ones who are actually on the payroll and those that are contract workers for the government. The latter are not getting missed back pay nor are they eligible for the low/no cost loans. To be honest, I don't feel much sympathy for either in this stupid mess. The real Feds will end up getting their money. Many having been sitting at home the whole time, no less. Paid vacation. Contract workers are just that. Contractors. Shit happens. Deal with it. No different than a worker at some company that has layoffs.

I completely agree with you , Mel, that far too many people make a living working for the government. Many making far too good a living/retirement while they are at it.

It is not really totally a crap of media lies, though. Sure they get the worst case scenarios to play out on the screen each night. And of course they embellish the "dire" circumstances of some but heading into a month without a paycheck really does cause serious issues for a lot of people. I'm betting there are many that because of current/past financial blunders are unable to get short term loans, etc. Whatever. Doesn't matter. Trump has allowed this thing to become a very strong weapon to be used against him. And the opposition is wielding it very well. Mr. Twitter is in over his head big time and his party leaders don't seem to want to risk helping him.

17. Horseplay

And now he folds his bluff. Making an even worse follow-up bluff in the process by again threatening that perhaps, maybe, possibly he might declare what is surely a losing legal argument that there is some national border crisis. JFC!

Having now clearly won the battle of public opinion the Dems will strut around a bit before giving him a crumb for his border demands, to shut him up for good on the matter, which he will try to spin into some tremendous (he will use that word, of course) victory for himself...he means the people. He writes the scripts for SNL now.

18. guruatbol

Dumbass just caved and signed a CR until 2/15.

I am very disappointed with Trump. I also hat Congress! They have NOT done their job as far as the budget is concerned since the First part of Bush!

The POTUS should veto every single CR until Congress does it's job.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter which party is in power they spend too much and can't do their job.

Mel

c6fastback and msell66 like this.
  19. I don't think anyone has a clue what Trump is going through, and I doubt very few would want to be in his shoes. I believe God has chosen this man for a reason. We've needed a business man for a long time to get this Great country back on track, not a politician. The best we can do is pray for this man

20. Horseplay

I don't think God had anywhere near the influence on Trump gaining office as did one Hillary Clinton! And we can do a lot more than pray to help him out. Getting busy now in advance of the 2020 elections in efforts to get the vote out for persons who would support conservative efforts on EVERY level would make the biggest impact.

Laurie S. likes this.