• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Salmon Jerky tasting party

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
This weekend I did more fresh King Salmon Jerky with the idea of doing a tasting party with a couple hard core fishing buddies.

My jerky drying after brining. Next will be the smoker with Alder and Apple
ejy6e3u4.jpg

Finished product....belch!
a6a3agap.jpg

This past week I splurged and ordered 4 different Salmon Jerky sample packets from a well known Alaska seafood company(GreatAlaskaSeafood dot com) who boasts big time about their products, etc. Per the below pic, the 4 bottom plates contain their samples of: Traditional, Sweet Mesquite, Honey Smoke & Garlic Pepper. The top plate is mine.

First taste and visual inspection results from the buddies made me snicker but I was hoping for a little more competition. Sad thing is that in all four of their samples, the meat was like rubber. We all agreed that their "Traditional" packet was the best of theirs but not enough to ever consider recommending it to anyone. Each flavor was supposedly Alder smoked, hmmmmm.

All in all, had a wonderful time tasting different flavors chased with smoked cheese & crackers.
sanaqa3u.jpg

Back