• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Radiators

David67

So after 16 years my aluminum radiator decided to start leaking. I'm in the market now for a new one. The one I have in my car is a made to fit since when I put it in they were just starting to make them. I know champion radiators are the cheap ones. I was also looking at northern radiators, saw another brand called frostbite by Holley. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Engineered Cooling Products. ECP radiators are hard to beat. Been running one in the Fastback for quite some time now. No heating issues what so ever.

Terry, care to confirm?

ECP. Nothing is better that I have run across. Did I mention they are also VERY competitively priced?

Could you measure the thickness of the radiator? I'm trying to make sure it fits with my electric fan.

Thanks
ECP. Nothing is better that I have run across. Did I mention they are also VERY competitively priced?

I recall buying a Northern a month or so before JohnPro died and the first real heat test was driving to and from his funeral. At the same time I added a clutch fan and went to distilled water/coolant and water wetter and it's been like that ever since. Probably 25-30K miles over the last eight years or so. Haven't touched anything. Topped off the overflow bottle with distilled water. It's survived the CenCal heat without issue and usually sits over towards the second hash past C most of the time. 180 degree T-stat.

So I went and bought a northern radiator. My electric fan didn't fit and the radiator seemed small. So I returned it and bought an ECP radiator and hopefully my fan will and the radiator will fit.

David, you really have to post up your HONEST review of the ECP radiator once you get a chance. Pics would be nice too. You saw the Northern for comparison at least in terms of build quality. Everyone I know (including a few here) that bought one sing its praises. Not only do they make great radiators that are typically much nicer and better performing than others...they cost a less. Sometimes as much as hundreds of dollars. Hate to see Fixers waste money on what can likely be an inferior product made by some other company. I will repeat (because I sound like a spokesperson) I have nothing to do with ECP or even know anyone involved with them.

So I got the radiator in now I'm trying to figure out what kind of hose do I run to my coolant overflow tank. What did you guys run? Did you use fuel line?

Oh this radiator went on without any problems at all. Should have gone with this one first.

Last edited:
Any flexible rubber type hose will work. Nothing in the antifreeze mix will cause undue deterioration that I have ever seen. I think what I used is actually marketed as a vacuum line I bought at Autozone. They have various IDs to choose from which allowed me to get something that simply pushed on tightly at both ends.

Any flexible rubber type hose will work. Nothing in the antifreeze mix will cause undue deterioration that I have ever seen. I think what I used is actually marketed as a vacuum line I bought at Autozone. They have various IDs to choose from which allowed me to get something that simply pushed on tightly at both ends.
Yup...bought mine off a roll at the hardware store ( clear ) and painted Black.

Does anyone have any experience with MaxCore aluminum radiators? According to the advertising the top tank and bottom tank configuration is stamped to look like a stock Ford radiator. I've always avoided putting an aluminum radiator in my Mustang because all the ones I could find looked like a square aluminum box on top and sort of ruined the "stock" look.

I have an ECP radiator it looks very original. Does the job cooling the car.

Back