• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Now at Mackinaw Strait

Are you traveling to the lower peninsula?
If you do and have time, not far from Mackinaw City on the west coast is Cross Village, check out Legs Inn for a great polish meal, over looking Lake Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re still in the St. Ignace area and you don’t know it already, the annual St. Ignace car show starts today 28th and goes through the Saturday the 30th. I’ve never been but I hear that it is a big show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a spectacular trip. We'll be up there around Labor Day as part of a trip to the UP, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Stayed at the Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground on the south shore in 2012. Spent a day out on the island. I remember it was so hot by the time we got to MN the concrete on the freeway was buckling and running two reefers wouldn't cool the trailer. Anyway, thanks for the pix, especially of the locks, and safe travels!

I did see the posters for the Car Show and a few cars showing up early but we didn't stay.

We headed to White Fish Point where the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. Hundreds of ships sank along that coast. We did go to the Maritime Museum there and read about some of them.

And we did stay at the MillCreek campground. We had a lake view with a sandy shore between us. A great site we had for three days.

Back