• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New welding helmet - Thank you ORP

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I know it's all mental but ever since I tried Opentracker's Miller Performance mig helmet, I knew I had to get one. So much easier to see through both before and during welding. My new helmet arrived this past Friday, while I was engine shopping and I finally found a few moments this weekend to give it a try. Suddenly my welds have become so much more consistent. Then again an hour+ tutoring from Opentracker couldn't have hurt.

Nevertheless, could not believe I was using such a POS helmet for such a long time.

Thanks John for letting me try yours.

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
I'll start to worry when you start bragging about new underwear. Who knows how you test those out. :yikes

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
What's cool about this new helmet is I can now chase my wife through the house wearing only the helmet and holding a welding gun and yet......no longer tripping over the cats. I can see now. Wife wishes I couldn't see.

Jake,
Thanks, I just installed Shags rear taillight housings this past couple days. I know it needs the trunklid installed with trim attached.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
4_18_08_09_8_21_17.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

garner67

"cmayna" said:
What's cool about this new helmet is I can now chase my wife through the house wearing only the helmet and holding a welding gun and yet......no longer tripping over the cats. I can see now. Wife wishes I couldn't see.

Jake,
Thanks, I just installed Shags rear taillight housings this past couple days. I know it needs the trunklid installed with trim attached.

Hope you did a better job than I, because I installed the sequential LEDs upside-down, which makes them flash in the wrong direction. Now, I have to disassemble & reinstall my driver's side tail light again. At least I know all the wiring is working correctly.

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
"garner67" said:
Hope you did a better job than I, because I installed the sequential LEDs upside-down, which makes them flash in the wrong direction. Now, I have to disassemble & reinstall my driver's side tail light again. At least I know all the wiring is working correctly.

Oh you should leave that.....it would be funny as helll. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl